Quote Originally Posted by seanlarson64 View Post
Let's see here. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't like selling the deals. My passion is in digital marketing and I've been building online businesses for 3 years now. I'm not particularly passionate about sitting there all day selling high interest business loans to business owners. It's good money but I don't like dealing with financial instruments. That's just me.

Buddy that's a good explanation and I've heard it before, but I think it comes down to what exactly constitues a "lead"? Because in my opinion, if you are actually selling "real leads" to brokers, then you've already done 97% of the job, the other 3% is literally sending emails back and forth between yourself, the merchant, and the funder.

So if you are going to sell me a "real lead" for an MCA or Short Term Business Loan, to me that "real lead" will include all of the following:

- Basic Info: Name of business, type of industry, address, years in business, gross sales, contact name, contact number, and contact email address.

- Specific Product Confirmation: The merchant understands that I sell an MCA/Alternative Short Term Business Loan, has an "idea" in general what the terms will be (6 to 18 months with cost for capital 20% to 45%) and the merchant is "okay" with this type of product and is looking for quotes right now.

- Date: The date you collected the information

This is what I would need as a bare minimum coming into the situation. I would personally like additional pre-qual info (such as if there's outstanding MCA balances, estimated fico, etc.) but I could collect that info on my end assuming that this isn't a UCC filing lead (which it very well could be).

From what I've gathered, even this bare minimum information isn't being collected by a lot of lead generators.

They might just collect the "Basic Info" listings above and that's it. Basically, they just have the name and number of a guy that says he wants "business capital", which doesn't really tell me anything because what business owner DOESN'T want business capital??

It's not the desire of business capital that's the problem, it's the terms/conditions associated with the type of business capital the owner qualifies for that determines if we have anything cooking or not.