Raw Data vs Leads vs Qualified Leads
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Karen37a

Raw Data vs Leads vs Qualified Leads

There’s so much confusion around prospect vs lead, lead vs opportunity, prospect vs opportunity. Are they one in the same? The answer is no.

What is a Lead, qualified lead, prospect, or a suspect?They are just Industry jargon and the terms have been interchanged between crms systems and internal companies proprietary procedures and understanding of the sales lead generation process.I will explain briefly so people can stop fighting and arguing.I will also explain so willing participants can take free advice from some of the people who have been in the trenches in sales 35 plus years, Financial Sales 30 plus and if you count girl scout cookies door to door or trick or treating for UNICEF "sales" add some more time on.

Data = raw phone numbers or"email address" that are either purchased from a verifiable source or collected on your own thru various marketing or "lead" collection" ...data methods

Lead= ( this is where the confusion comes in) Salespeople will use the term "leads" for the raw data phone numbers because they have been trained to classify all as "leads" and to have a new category called qualified leads

Qualified Leads= The results of the process.This is where you take the raw data and turn it into real tangible merchant/ customer verified information e.g. Gross monthly volume, Cash advance dollar amounts etc., etc. There are 7 Qualification points on leads. 3 that are Key. Once you gauge interest from the qualified lead you can turn them into a prospect, then hopefully a client.

Prospect. following up to gauge further interest as you move them thru the sales process until they are "won" or "closed" and then turned into a client

Client...follow up for renewals

**each person will have different results with the same data based upon their
    sales ability
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-24-2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: typos...speed typer

Karen37a
    “Knowing that wisdom waits to be gathered, I actively search her out. I will change my actions TODAY! I will train my eyes and ears to read and listen to books and recordings that bring about positive changes in my personal relationships and a greater understanding of my fellow man. I will read and listen only to what increases my belief in myself and my future.
    I will seek wisdom. I will choose my friends with care.
    I am who my friends are. I speak their language, and I wear their clothes. I share their opinions and their habits. From this moment forward, I will choose to associate with people whose lives and lifestyles I admire. If I associate with chickens, I will learn to scratch at the ground and squabble over crumbs. If I associate with eagles, I will learn to soar to great heights. I am an eagle. It is my destiny to fly.
    I will seek wisdom. I will listen to the counsel of wise men.
    The words of a wise man are like raindrops on dry ground. They are precious and can be quickly used for immediate results. Only the blade of grass that catches a raindrop will prosper and grow.
    I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others.
    A wise man will cultivate a servant’s spirit, for that particular attribute attracts people like no other. As I humbly serve others, their wisdom will be freely shared with me. He who serves the most grows the fastest.
    I will become a humble servant. I will look to open the door for someone. I will be excited when I am available to help. I will be a servant to others. I will listen to the counsel of wise men. I will choose my friends with care.
    I will seek wisdom.”

Andy Andrews the travlers gift the 7 Decisons that Determine personal sucess