Covid-19 Shelter in Place: Paypal stopped my repayment drafts!
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

So I really hate not being able to understand how a business is able to do what they are doing. And the deal I have reworked with Paypal, I can't wrap my head around how they are able to afford to do such things.... Maybe they are looking at this 10 year deal as a loss leader, with the hopes of making more profitable future deals with me...???

In essence, they have embedded in me, a 10 year long homing beacon... anchor... hook..., or what ever you want to call it, for 1st position..

Perhaps, they are hoping that in the future, when business revenue pickups to pre covid levels, I will need more capital. At which point I will reach back out to Paypal 1st since they have their "hooks" (1st Position) in me for at least 10 years.. At that point they will then request new banking info, to then present me new deals that gives me additional capital, and at that time readdresses the 10 year deal.. Maybe they wrap the 1st 10 year deal into some sort of new package.. Or perhaps they leave the 10 year deal alone, but create some 2nd package with a more profitable return... Where as they become a 2nd position to them self.. Hmmmmm...

Perhaps the monthly Paypal transaction that will show up on my statements for the next 10 years, could also be looked at as a Scarlet letter to other MCA companies. How would you all here handle getting a merchant that is looking for a 2nd position then seeing that they have a monthly Loanbuilders draft. You ask the merchant about it, and they explain this 10 year deal with Paypal. Will you be able to absorb that 10 year 1st position with out costing the merchant a huge amount of money? Or do you just settle for being a 2nd position? If you do decide to come in as a 2nd, most likely the numbers you are going to present to the merchant are so far out of line with what the merchant has gotten use to when dealing with Paypal, the merchant will probably call up Paypal and find out if they can give more money as well and what would be their cost. That then opens the door for Paypal to come in and secure a new more profitable deal for them, but way cheaper than the deal the other MCA was presenting... Looks like all roads lead back to Paypal... for at least 10 years....

So I guess the story continues...

Perhaps in a year, or a few years when I cross that bridge I will know, and of course update you all here....
    Last edited by Winning; 09-25-2020 at 10:32 AM.