Cash Advance Co. Seeks $45M In Suit Over Theft Of Clients
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Cash Advance Co. Seeks $45M In Suit Over Theft Of Clients

cash advance company lodged a suit in New York state court on Friday seeking more than $45 million in damages from a former call center manager who allegedly stole clients and proprietary corporate information and steered accounts over to its competitors.

SBC Telecom Consulting Inc. filed the complaint in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, claiming that Carlos L. Liriano’s willful and unlawful actions attempted to “ruin and destroy” the merchant cash advance business.

According to the suit, Liriano breached contracts with...

http://www.law360.com/articles/66182...eft-of-clients

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

I saw this. The amount of lawsuits going on in the industry right now is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    I saw this. The amount of lawsuits going on in the industry right now is astounding.
    who is the lawsuit with?

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

Sean the amount of lawsuits? whats going on? .... (my ears just hit the ceiling)....my wife has a no gossip policy at home so please spare me from the dry spell!!

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Sean the amount of lawsuits? whats going on? .... (my ears just hit the ceiling)....my wife has a no gossip policy at home so please spare me from the dry spell!!
    You gotta keep your ear to the ground mcaguru. There are dozens going on right now especially in New York. That's why I shake my head when people come on here and ask if they can copy and paste someone else's contracts or when I see people calling themselves funders that can barely even afford a $10 email address.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    You gotta keep your ear to the ground mcaguru. There are dozens going on right now especially in New York. That's why I shake my head when people come on here and ask if they can copy and paste someone else's contracts or when I see people calling themselves funders that can barely even afford a $10 email address.
    couldn't agree more. People think they can just get some office space and start funding.. I would bet 25%-50% of the funders in this space are lending money based on contracts that they did not have their own lawyers review.. People are just asking to get sued
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Who is sbc telecom consulting inc? Are they an mca co? Do they go by a diff dba?

That's the John Butler guy on 35th street in Manhattan.......Nationwide Advance.

Senior Member Reputation points: 33996

Looks like his business model changed a bit...

http://debanked.com/2016/11/a-giant-...-lots-of-cash/

Senior Member Reputation points: 109758 ridextreme's Avatar

I was working at the former Timberline Capital on Serge's "John Butler's" first day in the industry around 2008 or so. A young kid with long black hair who started with nothing but the drive and desire to make big money in the industry.

He later started his own shop (Fast Funds?) and started pulling some shady bs when one of my clients called him for a payoff letter. Then I started hearing more stories about a "John Butler" stealing deals and outright lying to clients. Looks like he never stopped or cared.