Quote Originally Posted by getitfunded View Post
Seeing as your last post was deleted (identical to this) I'll respond to the comment you left me on this second one.

There is no issue with you trying to get your name out there and develop some funding partnerships, but I would disclose that you're brokering the deals and not say "I fund B-D paper 2nd - 6th position" unless you are actually the one cutting the advance.

This is a great platform like you mentioned, just keep in mind most people on here are either direct lenders or ISO shops that work with the top lenders (direct) that are even advertised on this platform and have good relationships with them. If you manage to do business with one of these shops and you send their deal to a lender they work with and try to scrape points off the top they are not going to be too happy.

Find a client / industry niche, build a good portfolio with a few solid lenders to get better relationships, syndicate some funds, and try to help some of the smaller guys come up that don't have access to the lender that you have.

In addition make sure that the deal fee split is fair when brokering too, pay your ISO's 70% of the deal fees.
appreciate the comment. I figured I would have more feedback posting in the MCA thread. I say B-D paper and 2-6th positions because these are the range of papers I have previously funded (directly) if it makes sense to do so. To be a bit more specific, I specialize in B and C paper deals and prefer to stay within 2-4 positions. Not looking to claim to be something I am not, doesn't make sense to do so since this is an industry where everyone knows each other. My company is in fact a Direct Funder, I syndicate 2-10% on all deals I fund to further put my money where my mouth is and pay 10-11 points to my ISOs.