SBA releases Paycheck Protection details-
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

I will give Bank of america a call and see what they say I have available to me. I have been a customer with them since the 90's when they were called NationsBank.

Also, I am not sure I should even take any money. This could be like putting air in a tire with a slow leak in it. Just because a business is open, doesn't mean it will be profitable. My business is along the lines of luxury goods. I am not sure how many people will be wanting to splurge on luxury goods once the economy is back "open".

It is depressing to even think about having to close my 4000 square foot facility and having to disassembly and clear out everything and put it all in a warehouse. But I think I could come out better in the long run if I do.. This could be a setup for a major win for me in the future.

I have been paying a retail commercial lease for 14 years. Perhaps if I do close, then decide to reopen in 6 months to a year from now, I buy a commercial property instead of lease it. With the downtown of the economy I might be able to find a really good deal on a commercial property to buy! #Winning!

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    There is some great info and perspectives in this thread. Much appreciated!

I wonder why there are not more merchants here on this forum learning about all these various things. A google search brought me here years ago when I 1st was trying to understand what a cash advance was and how it works, after my credit card processor told me I had been "Pre-Qualified" for a unsecured working capital advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    I will give Bank of america a call and see what they say I have available to me. I have been a customer with them since the 90's when they were called NationsBank.

Also, I am not sure I should even take any money. This could be like putting air in a tire with a slow leak in it. Just because a business is open, doesn't mean it will be profitable. My business is along the lines of luxury goods. I am not sure how many people will be wanting to splurge on luxury goods once the economy is back "open".

It is depressing to even think about having to close my 4000 square foot facility and having to disassembly and clear out everything and put it all in a warehouse. But I think I could come out better in the long run if I do.. This could be a setup for a major win for me in the future.

I have been paying a retail commercial lease for 14 years. Perhaps if I do close, then decide to reopen in 6 months to a year from now, I buy a commercial property instead of lease it. With the downtown of the economy I might be able to find a really good deal on a commercial property to buy! #Winning!
    I’ve appreciated everything you’ve posted about your experiences over the years, bro. It’s been really insightful.

Senior Member Reputation points: 83840

A good stategy as long as you have the 20% to 30% as a down payment.

**A nugget of information that you may keep in mind:

The SBA will also automatically pay the principal, interest,and fees of new 7(a) loans issued prior to September 27, 2020.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111