Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
Ok, I'm trying to follow you... Beaking down and comprehending every sentence your wrote.

I am trying to understand the context of your 1st sentance. I have touched on a few diffrent things in this thread. My threads tend to be organic due to the fact that what I orginally may have posted about sends me down a rabbit hole of new discovery, concepts, ideas, & questions.

So when you say "I don't think it reparations", which questions what that an answer too?

You don't think the slaves should have received reparations back in 1865 when the emancipation was 1st signed, when it would have been a lot easier to pay the people who were directly affected, as well as assign the burden of paying to the proper companies, states, and families who profited from slavery?
I think I'm probably going to get mud on myself whichever way I go on this. I think it's best not to put my foot in my mouth anymore and leave it as open questions.

I do feel that reparations for direct beneficiaries makes sense. And if they don't, the world has declared that they do make sense.

I'll just point out one issue and leave it as an open question: At this point in the US, has the US made "enough" amends for pulling Africans out of their homeland and bringing them to the Americas? I mean heck, after taking courses in college called "The Third World," it seems that economic slavery might be worse than real slavery! Make African countries mono-crop and leave them high and dry, rather than try to defend them as part of your kingdom. Same thing might be true in the USA for after the Civil War. No minimum wage, no health insurance (slaves are expensive, if you're smart you gotta treat their medical needs), no need to feed them, and if they die, don't have to go "buy" another one. Unions help swing the pendulum in the other direction. On the other hand, what would have been without slavery in the first place? Is that even a question that's being asked? Is that because there are too many opportunists? There are two sides to each story and the BLM movement seems to focus on the victim side a lot.

I'm sure the answer could swing either way and proofs could be brought on both sides. One thing we should examine are the motives of those who are demanding. Another question is to figure out if reparations of any sort of going to swing the pendulum too far, or if the economic harm for making things "fair" is worth it? Being right is important, but it has to be done in the context of being smart as well.

One thing we should certainly do is cancel Columbus Day. That's really like having a Hitler Day.