COVID Finishing
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 338241

Yes, those highly populated cities with the most cases/death are run by Democrats. It's not who's running the city/state......it's the spread in a densely populated city/state.

TX, GA, and FL are all run by Republican Governors. The worst areas in those states have high population. It's not about party.....it's about density of population and spread. Come'on man.....this is NOT that hard...... We have only been dealing with this since February. It spreads and kills both Republicans and Democrats.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Senior Member Reputation points: 97075

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    Yes, those highly populated cities with the most cases/death are run by Democrats. It's not who's running the city/state......it's the spread in a densely populated city/state.

TX, GA, and FL are all run by Republican Governors. The worst areas in those states have high population. It's not about party.....it's about density of population and spread. Come'on man.....this is NOT that hard...... We have only been dealing with this since February. It spreads and kills both Republicans and Democrats.
    Do you know math?
    How does density change the same “per 100,000” number? I mean common man.

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAdvanced View Post
    Do you know math?
    If 100,000 people live in a 5-block radius and 100,000 people live in 50 square miles it matters. I mean come on man.

Senior Member Reputation points: 302470

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    If 100,000 people live in a 5-block radius and 100,000 people live in 50 square miles it matters. I mean come on man.
    it matters to people getting infected.It does not matter to percentage of infected that died

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    it matters to people getting infected.It does not matter to percentage of infected that died
    It matters if their healthcare system becomes overwhelmed.
    Last edited by Nunya; 08-14-2020 at 01:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    It matters if there healthcare system becomes overwhelmed.
    There is a large number of healthcare professionals that are burning out and leaving the industry because of COVID. I know healthcare workers that have worked at Level 1 Trauma centers for years and have never worked so hard to try and save lives.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    561-850-9346
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    There is a large number of healthcare professionals that are burning out and leaving the industry because of COVID. I know healthcare workers that have worked at Level 1 Trauma centers for years and have never worked so hard to try and save lives.
    People seem to think "flattening the curve" means we are beating it. ALL IT MEANS is that we are slowing it down, so our healthcare workers and ERs can catch up to it.

If you have 25 hospitals in a metropolitan area, and in those hospitals you have 100 ICU beds and equipment each. What happens when 3000-4000 people come in needing urgent care? Who is going to care for them? the doctors and nurses are already stretched to the max taking care of the 2500 beds they have! You going to line them up in the hallway? Put them upstairs in private rooms? How do you get the equipment needed up there? Is there even room? what about medical staff? If a hospital has 200 doctors and nurses, and they can only tend to 3-4 patients successfully at a time...but now you have 3000 people coming in needing ventilators and immediate full time attention....what do you do? THAT is what is going on right now.....

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAdvanced View Post
    Do you know math?
    Let me help you with the stats/math as this seems really hard for you to figure out.

More densely populated areas have higher cases due to population and spread. The death rate is higher in some of these populated areas due to the demographic of those affected within the case load. If you have a dense area populated with younger and non-vulnerable people the 100,000 cases yields less death.
    You can have an area that tests 100,000 people and 25% test positive with a lower death rate because of the demographic of the 100,000....younger and healthy.

Larger populations yield more spread and more cases. The death rate is determined by the underlying demographic of the people in the population.

The flip-side.... You can have a low population area with a high number of elderly or vulnerable have a higher death rate because of the demographic of those affected with less cases and/or spread.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    561-850-9346
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426