Monthly funding volume for 10-member team
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Agreed. The old adage "you get what you pay for" applies to MCA salespeople. The top sales teams pay salaries and have the best.talent. The misfits and underachievers tend to be 1099 workers IMHO. You do occasionally find great 1099 workers but they don't stick around long. Superstars deserve salaries.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 08-01-2018 at 06:01 AM.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    Agreed. The old adage "you get what you pay for" applies to MCA salespeople. The top sales teams pay salaries and have the best.talent. The misfits and underachievers tend to be 1099 workers IMHO. You do occasionally find great 1099 workers but they don't stick around long. Superstars deserve salaries.
    Archie...YOU are 1099 LOOOL the op is 1099.. I am 1099, we are all 1099 ( except the prosessors, some funders reps and back office and low level telemarketers....some Funders made it past 1099, some do own their own business...commission only fuels the entire operation for some)....you have to sort thru the pile like looking for good files..

95% of people are not going to make it in sales....1099 or not. Top salespeople would rather take the__ % commission than an hourly wage LOOL

I love when I give people the right answer and people cant see it until its too late

Please post the location to your new office...buy black ergonomic chairs and success is not an accident picture...when you fold I will buy them pennies on the dollar and take over space from your new landlord...you put in 3 months rent to get out of the lease

** for 20 years I opened offices nationwide...recruit train new brokers and took over experienced offices... I can promise you the answer I gave to you is right

( this is why its hard to train people and not worth it...toss them in the mix see who floats to the top...keep the book of business when the losers quit....which is why I do not know why anyone is stealing )

Here is the real problem...Why would someone who is quality 1099 join anyone's team if they could do it themselves( random dui woman wanders by, forced by the state)...they won't unless you have something for them other than a paycheck and thats where leadership ability comes into play..and character and integrity...and thats why so many say " i am a direct funder" when they are not...no other way for them to go

Or they get money from someone and then they do not turn a profit( use it for operations ....have defaults ) ...like musical chairs ...it will implode

Great 1099 Teams are like secret weapons...no salary...balls to the wall commission only
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-01-2018 at 09:20 AM. Reason: edit __

Karen37a
    Perfect example...look at a stiff ceo...and some lunatic running all over the boards daying dui....on the face of it...they look preppy educated and the right choice to pick for your team...then look at a nut like Karen....didnt seem like the logical choice.

Exact opposite.... And anyone who has been in sales before knows what the commission looks like

1 sale of 100k = $$...why is anyone begging for a handout of they are so good in sales.... they are not good in sales, that's why. Or lack self discipline to stay on the phone, create a marketing strategy or just plain ole follow up skills.

People Might be able to get some money or a draw to get over the 90-day pipeline...after that ...hit the bricks skippy

( this is a ruthless business...someone looking for a handout won't make it...have compassion and send them somewhere else or do like the isos did in my area...send them into the envading isos from other states who came here so they go bankrupt and go home)

Anyone going into other states.. do what I did...choose to .burn the boats like the Cortez so their is no retreat and only victory

1099 Burn the Boats...Hunt Kill Eat Repeat...karen training # 10181918191

A 1099 salesperson is something to be proud of ...not vice versa..
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-01-2018 at 09:34 AM. Reason: $$

Senior Member Reputation points: 53298 JasonBishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    I love when I give people the right answer and people cant see it until its too late [/I]
    @Karen37a...

Many employees stay @ a job for more than a Paycheck. People want to feel like they are a "part of something." Especially a part of something stable and consistent. They seek recognition from leadership which is good for morale which will increase productivity. This is why some organizations opt to offer a considerable base salary + commission in order to attract and retain the top talent. This is nothing to do with people not being great sales reps. Also, in an organization where it is a commission only structure, the sales reps commissions can be at the mercy of the company's reputation, marketing strategies, brand, lead source, executive decisions, etc and become disgruntled if/when things slow down. There is nothing wrong with taking care of your troops and investing in them. In fact this way you can avoid employee churn and client attrition, etc. I say if your #'s allow you to pull off a Base +, go for it @Brightpoint.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonBishop View Post
    @Karen37a...

Many employees stay @ a job for more than a Paycheck. People want to feel like they are a "part of something." Especially a part of something stable and consistent. They seek recognition from leadership which is good for morale which will increase productivity. This is why some organizations opt to offer a considerable base salary + commission in order to attract and retain the top talent. This is nothing to do with people not being great sales reps. Also, in an organization where it is a commission only structure, the sales reps commissions can be at the mercy of the company's reputation, marketing strategies, brand, lead source, executive decisions, etc and become disgruntled if/when things slow down. There is nothing wrong with taking care of your troops and investing in them. In fact this way you can avoid employee churn and client attrition, etc. I say if your #'s allow you to pull off a Base +, go for it @Brightpoint.
    Some do the same as 1099...they are not "lower class" which is what I am objecting to

And think I know who brightpoint is...he wont make it that way

unless you have a good budget to start you wont make it

Some millionaire set up shop down the road from me( big payroll and the money for it)...told them not to come that close to me

They are gone...million in the hole, I have their book of business and 2 ex-employees...so have at it

New people have to use sweat equity...not big payrolls...dont listen...ergonomic chairs

add *actually 5 came and went ..rolling eyes...lol
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-01-2018 at 07:21 AM.

Well read! Thx

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brightpoint View Post
    Well read! Thx
    I dont even remember what the original question was
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 338265

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    I dont even remember what the original question was
    I think Brightpoint was looking for directions to the Fort (F-Troop Reference). Corporal Argon told him on the way there make a right at the rock that looks like a bear. I think it went pretty sideways from there. If you get lost on the way back....make a left at the bear that looks like a rock.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    Archie...YOU are 1099 LOOOL the op is 1099.. I am 1099, we are all 1099
    Karen, I'm a 1099 worker because I own my firm. When I was a salesperson working for direct funders, I had a salary, benefits, 401K, etc.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    Karen, I'm a 1099 worker because I own my firm. When I was a salesperson working for direct funders, I had a salary, benefits, 401K, etc.
    Great.

Primerica has 300,000 1099 licenced brokers,,, go argue with Art Williams... I have brainwashed myself

Just Do it Speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G05QtiHP1lI

^^And 299,000 of them barely make a living...
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 08-01-2018 at 07:50 AM.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    And 299,000 of them barely make a living...
    And some are rich

Sorry to let you know if you are an employee ...the owner is rich,.,.you are a cog in the wheel. J O B ...just over broke... J U B ...just under broke

I gave seminars for 20 years

I am the wrong person to talk about 1099...ive been one my whole life...anyone who wants to make money without a boss...call me

Ps. I can see the cluster fk of employee- mentality people who hate my guts because they hate 1099...I am never going to stop going over the top...5-10% will pull over the top with me...( for the fourth time in life)

And this board is supposed to be for what? So Sales people can turn into 1099 bring sales into Funders or isos depending on their skill level? talk about the industry? Negative or positive?...people who need a job to keep yapping about how you cant make money and Karen had a dui.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-01-2018 at 08:05 AM.