Funding with criminal backgrounds or no background check
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 305250

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    this thread right here is what is wrong with this industry
    Do you really not believe in second chances? If it is financial fraud ok . but one of my best merchants for years was a 5th generation mechanic that installed illegal nitro in a an old limo and raced when he was 18 .
    why should that affect his business for the rest of his life ?

i know a lady that left her car and did not know about alternate sides in ny , she went to another state for year . came back had hundred of tickets not paid and a warrant out for her arrest. she got arrested at the airport when she landed in ny . paid a 10k fine and got released , now she has a criminal record .
    do you really believe she should not be funded ?

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    Do you really not believe in second chances? If it is financial fraud ok . but one of my best merchants for years was a 5th generation mechanic that installed illegal nitro in a an old limo and raced when he was 18 .

i know a lady that left her car and did not know about alternate sides in ny , she went to another state for year . came back had hundred of tickets not paid and a warrant out for her arrest. she got arrested at the airport when she landed in ny . paid a 10k fine and got released , now she has a criminal record .
    These are not crimes anyone in this thread is talking about of course these people should get funded and I doubt any funder would kill a file if this is the crime they saw. If they are killing for criminal background it is 9 out of 10 times it is a financial crime or something pretty heinous, and no I dont think those deals should be funded. I dont know a single funder who is killing a deal for the reasons you said.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post

I GUARANTEE you that no funder is killing a file due to charges like these. We're talking about heinous charges. Rape, child molestation, animal abuse, murder, etc