The Metaverse, how will you leverage it?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 18826

Quote Originally Posted by pcfunder View Post
    I really don't understand this metaverse thing at all. What makes it so valuable? To me it seems like its the same as if someone from the 1960s tried selling someone a computer and said "listen man this internet thing will connect the WORLD but you have to pay 1 million dollars for it and you can't turn it on until everyone else gets one!" Yes computers did connect the world but fast forward a little bit and computers became a very inexpensive commodity that can be replicated by so many inexpensive companies. How are these multi million dollar price tags for a "virtual house" going to be sustainable when people are going to actually see how corny and useless a video game house really is?

Well, a video game house is as corny and useless as buying a new outfit for a game character, or a new dance for him. Yet, the game that sold all these 'useless' trinkets, reached 1 billion dollars in revenue faster than any other game in history, and games are the leading profit generators in the entertainment industry, easily eclipsing movies and music.

Working part time with Meta as a Data research associate, I can tell you that they're trying to combine virtual reality with real world in some unique ways, just going by some of the gadgets we're testing.

I don't agree with everything they do, but they're trying to make an interactive world with less boundaries than a traditional gaming platform or mobile device. And its a FULL BODY experience, not just simply a controller or a headset.

We were testing a mouse and keyboards that only exists in the air, Minority Report style.

www.UccRadar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    Well, a video game house is as corny and useless as buying a new outfit for a game character, or a new dance for him. Yet, the game that sold all these 'useless' trinkets, reached 1 billion dollars in revenue faster than any other game in history, and games are the leading profit generators in the entertainment industry, easily eclipsing movies and music.

Working part time with Meta as a Data research associate, I can tell you that they're trying to combine virtual reality with real world in some unique ways, just going by some of the gadgets we're testing.

I don't agree with everything they do, but they're trying to make an interactive world with less boundaries than a traditional gaming platform or mobile device. And its a FULL BODY experience, not just simply a controller or a headset.

We were testing a mouse and keyboards that only exists in the air, Minority Report style.

www.UccRadar.com
    Can you give an example of how the metaverse "combines virtual reality with real world in some unique ways"?

I'm just picturing the metaverse as SecondLife with a VR headset, but it sounds like it something more?

Senior Member Reputation points: 122949 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Cooper View Post
    Can you give an example of how the metaverse "combines virtual reality with real world in some unique ways"?

I'm just picturing the metaverse as SecondLife with a VR headset, but it sounds like it something more?
    It's second life with the ability to create a "second, second life."

If you know, you know.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph_Alexander View Post
    It's second life with the ability to create a "second, second life."
    Ok, I have to tap out on this one... For the life of me, I can't comprehend with out a shadow of a doubt that I mis-comprehended your statement.

You mind breaking that statement down?

I've heard of the game Second Life, but I have never actually played or spent the time looking into it or learning about it.. I think it's like the 1990's Sim City but with better graphics...???

Now Sim City, that was the ****! I recall many days spent building out my sim city plan using the cheat code so I had unlimited funds, then when everything is zoned and infrastructure layed, turning the city on in fast mode and watch people move in, build skyscrapers, be awarded monuments, etc!!! Man that was fun...
    Last edited by Winning; 02-03-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 122949 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    Ok, I have to tap out on this one... For the life of me, I can't comprehend with out a shadow of a doubt that I mis-comprehended your statement.

You mind breaking that statement down?

I've heard of the game Second Life, but I have never actually played or spent the time looking into it or learning about it.. I think it's like the 1990's Sim City but with better graphics...???

Now Sim City, that was the ****! I recall many days spent building out my sim city plan using the cheat code so I had unlimited funds, then when everything is zoned and infrastructure layed, turning the city on in fast mode and watch people move in, build skyscrapers, be awarded monuments, etc!!! Man that was fun...
    The Office, Season 4, Episode 9.

Find it on Peacock, enjoy the laugh & thank me later.

This was all in good fun/humor.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 18826

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Cooper View Post

Ah...Second Life, haven't heard that name in quite the while.... spent some time with the game creator on our drive home from E3 in LA many years ago.

NDAs prevent me from getting too detailed, but normally we're used to using controllers and/or keyboards for gaming, and a headset to see in 3D space.

Picture pressure sensitive gadgets that track full body movements, down to the slightest impulses. You can write with your finger in the air, and it appears as you wrote. Air guitar actually plays an instrument.

www.UccRadar.com - Online, Real Time