How do you become a "Funder"? Step by Step Guide request
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 19313

Send money to a business bank account. Over time take back more than you sent.

Obviously there is no easy answer to this. What type of financing, what type of businesses are you targeting. Then factor in sales, development, tech, accounting, servicing, underwriting, collections, marketing, investors, legal, etc etc. It takes a lot of capital to start a real MCA funder and become successful. If you want to avoid the mess of starting up an entire company, then I'd suggest looking into peer to peer lending.

Senior Member Reputation points: 305250

You talking about 15-20k or 15-20 million? You can not became a funder for 15-20k as the backend and legal will cost you more than that . if you have real money they are companies like steven hunters that can get you started with some sort of underwriting guidelines and than you can take from there to set up the backend with someone like ocrolus

Senior Member Reputation points: 226125

Winning, we love you dearly, you make it interesting.
    I guess my step #1 was assuming you worked for someone before and know a bit about the MCA industry.
    Step #0 is knowing how to broker and close loans, which likely means working for someone else first. If the goal is to be a funder, then also read ABFunders posts about the difference between a funder and broker

But in general:
    Good lead sources are one of the biggest topics discussed here. Here's the list: Google ads, cold calls from D&B and UCC lists, live transfers, buying old rejects, illegally purchasing submissions, creating a CRM that allows you to legally backdoor, work as an ISO rep or "A-F paper funder" and really just brokering it out... many ways to get leads. And if you're really smart, you'll buy from dumbleads.com (Note to Don: I'm expecting a cash payment, either from you or from Winning.... as Dave said, good advise isn't free.)

By syndicating, you're brokering the deal to another funder, and telling them, "You're willing to put in $100,000, but I want this deal, so let me put in $20,000 on top of my commission and and pay me weekly from the deal as it pays out." You're syndicating with the funder that you know through your networks on Daily Funder and Debanked (Note to Sean: See above the note to Don )