Wells Fargo and subsidized cash advances
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 4807

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Just like On Deck did. When they first came out, they offered 12 month 1.09's. Then it dropped to 6 month 1.12's, then 1.18's. Now you see 1.25's to 1.35's offered by them & they are STILL not profitable.
    I often wonder what the big cash companies books really look like. I'm not implying that they are in the red or anything. Outstanding receivables vs actual remittance is a decent spread. You have to keep sending deals out the door fast and furious to stay far in front of losses. Once you stop sending money out the door and let things wind down it's a whole different look.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finance1 View Post
    I often wonder what the big cash companies books really look like. I'm not implying that they are in the red or anything. Outstanding receivables vs actual remittance is a decent spread. You have to keep sending deals out the door fast and furious to stay far in front of losses. Once you stop sending money out the door and let things wind down it's a whole different look.
    Good point. One of the things I ask some companies when they tell me that their bad debt is "low" is how they calculate their bad debt.

Senior Member Reputation points: 4807

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    Good point. One of the things I ask some companies when they tell me that their bad debt is "low" is how they calculate their bad debt.
    Yea, no kidding. We typically run 5% of every dollar that goes out the door goes sour and that's totally manageable. It comes in peaks and valleys though. Some months are almost flawless while other are riddled with bad accounts. I don't think you get in trouble until you start hitting 8-10%. Although our overhead is exponentially lower than the big guys and we plan to stay that way.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finance1 View Post
    You would be surprised how many of these companies are operating in the red. More, many more, than you think.