Over the last few months, i'd estimate easily half of my new apps in from merchants who had previous advances, have had their payments lowered. A lot of these are very strong businesses that either were told by the funder they could lower the payments because of COVID (even though the bank statements show they didnt need to) or businesses that because of the shut down in April had to temporarily lower payements but that was months ago and their businesses have been back on track for a while already.

My question is, why are funders treating these deals the same as deals froma year ago that had payments lowered. Its not the same at all. Im having merchants that had great 12-18 month deals in the past, struggling to get anything besides the short term 100 day 1.49's. These businesses are more or less in the same financial situations they were a year ago, but because they lowered payments during the shutdowns, they cant get approved for anything normal. Why are funders not adjusting their guidelines for these situations? When i explain to the merchants why they arent getting the approvals they've come to expect most are dumbfounded.

I'd love to hear from some funders the thought process over here.