So many calls.

I don't leave messages the first few calls to the record and just hunt for decision maker contacts. I am as direct as possible (use a script obviously) and want either a Yes or No answer; Yes is great, No is good too because I no longer need to spend time on that call and it frees my time up to find the merchant that needs my funds.

Any "maybe" or call me "later" I'll dig in and start asking questions to try to qualify and get an application over the phone and send out a pre-filled DocuSign. If all else fails, I send out our welcome package and schedule a future discussion with a calendar notification AND MAKE SURE TO NOT MISS THE FOLLOW-UP!

As the list gets narrowed down (not interested, not in service, DNC, Fax, endless menus, etc) I'll start spending a little more time leaving messages with GK's and building the list to continue to pull more leads until it dries up.

All the "Not Interested" clients are recalled within 30 - 45 days and then every month until they either convert, submit, or tell us to stop calling. I found most times initially you either caught them on a bad day, they didn't like the agent that called, and 8 out of 10 times they will not even remember speaking to you if you only called once.

A second voice really can help if it was the agent, but also continuing to follow-up and be familiar will eventually earn you an opportunity at the business if what you offer adds value (No max point crap - you need renewals).

Sometimes I'll call all new records, up to 400, or I will call the same 100, 200, Etc. a few times in the day to see if they answer on the 2nd/3rd calls - The second method usually yields 1 SQL out of every 25 records for you to send an application too.

I keep a tracker sheet that I tally every call so in real-time, and at the end of the day I can see all my metrics (reach rate, conversion, etc.) - If I don't like the metrics I calculate and switch things the next day to drive better results.

My reps use Phoneburner to dial and helps me track their performance (I'll use it sometimes).

Personally I prefer paper printouts of lead submissions, calling cards, and excel sheets while using a landline or softphone. I can't speak for everyone but for myself it helps me stay focused on the task and work through a pile of work easier if I have something that I can physically touch and can see get completed.