How and when do you disclose your commission to clients?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    Lol u misunderstood me.when you get a quote for home renovation, they do not pull your credit like an MCA does .
    I will never forget I had a merchant a bunch of years back insisting his credit was 700 plus ,I sent him to an a lender who declined for sub 500 credit.merchant went nuts calling me a liar etc. I told him to pull a free credit report send it to me and let's see what is going on . Merchant got his credit and saw that from shopping he had over a hundred inquiries which dropped his credit from 700 plus to under 500. When you are dealing with credit pulls you need to be more cautious when shopping
    Yeah, I thought you were talking about hurting your credit by not being able to pay..

But even in this scenario in regard to acquiring credit or a MCA. I still had to worry about my credit when I applied for the credit cards that I use. I think the credit aspect that you mention has no bearing on if a merchant wants to understand exactly how parties involved are compensated in regards to something that the merchant is purchasing.

A couple of years ago I took abfunders advice that he mentions here in regard to 0% Low Interest Credit Cards being the cheapest access to funds. I had to worry about my credit, to think I would be able to get the highest approvals for the longest amount of 0% promotions. Also I had to understand that my credit would also take a hit for the new inquires, then also take a hit when I use the credit that they give me due to my utilization sky rocketing!

To paint a clear picture regarding the 0% CC...
    Those cards have been a gift that keeps on giving! I have since paid off all those cards, so my credit score is now higher than what it was before hand. Plus the credit limits on the card have been raised even higher, plus they send me those blank checks in the mail with more 0% interest promotions!! After we come out of this covid situation, it may be time for me to re-leverage my credit score and go for a new round of 0% CC approvals.
    Last edited by Winning; 06-26-2020 at 03:06 PM.