Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
I think that the the issue is to complex and expensive, as one of the reasons why the government has not made any official attempt to answer for it.
Could you imagine the difficulty it would be to try to figure out who are the current descendants of slaves from over 150 years ago.
Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
...It's too complicated to move forward on reparations. When I meant direct descendants, I meant them and their kids.* Unfortunately, it's just too late.
Perhaps I will be proven wrong.. It looks like there are some local governments willing to address this reparations thing head on.
So the more l have learned about this the more I realize the idea that a lot of us have regarding slavery happening so long ago that it would be difficult for the current descendants to track back is complete BS.

I have learned that there are tons of people alive today whos great grandparents or great great grandparents where slaves. If we lower the barrier of entry to include if a black person's family experienced harm do to Jim Crow law, that may include just about every black family.

Evanston Illinois is in the process of finalizing there 1st 16 families to get reparations. The have released back stories on exactly how they were affected during the Jim Crow era. Reading some of the applicants stories makes my stomach turn.. It's mind boggling that this stuff was legal to do.

1929. "Lucious Sutton disconnected the water line, the gas line, and the sewer line for the home he’d built on Bauer Place on the northwestern edge of Evanston. He and his brothers removed the appliances and the furniture. They secured the windows. Then he watched as men he didn’t know—maybe they worked for the city, maybe for a property developer—jacked up the wooden house, set it onto a truck, and drove it a mile-and-a-half to the neighborhood the city had deemed more suitable for Black families. A sheriff stood by." "Carlis Sutton, a grandson of Lucious says “If the house still sat where my grandfather put it, it would be worth $500,000,” he says. Sitting where it does in the Fifth Ward, the house sold four years ago for $152,000."

Read more of the various families stories at https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...s-hard-reality