Another Update, To my developing story..

So I just read through some details regarding the new stimulus package at https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/polit...rus/index.html.

"In an unprecedented expansion of unemployment insurance, the federal government would give jobless workers an extra $600 a week for four months on top of their state benefits, which range from $200 to $550 a week, on average, depending on the state."

"In addition, lawmakers want to add up to 13 weeks of extended benefits, which would be fully covered by the federal government. Currently, state unemployment checks last up to between 12 weeks and 28 weeks, depending on the state."

So based on my understanding of what I read, they are ready to give a family of 5 that is unable to work due to Covid 19 a lot of $$$$$$....

$3,900 in a 1 time stimulus check.
Which is comprised of $1200 for mom. + $1200 for dad. +$500 for child 1. +$500 for child 2. +$500 for child 3.

Plus $9200 per month ($2300 per week) in unemployment benefits.
Which is comprised of $550 per week, State unemployment for Dad. + $600 per week, New 4 month Federal unemployment benefit for Dad. + $550 per week, State unemployment for Mom. + $600 per week, New 4 month Federal unemployment benefit for Mom.

So that is a total of $13,100 possible income that 1 family could receive the 1st month, then $9200 per month for 3 months after that, then $4,400 for the remainder of the state unemployment window.

Jesus Christ! did I do that right?

I guess since the USD (fiat money) is not backed gold (gold standard), the government can just print an unlimited amount of it. This stimulus package shows just that! But what will this large amount of paper money do to inflation?