I can see the situation from different vantage points ( I didn't read all the specifics just making a comment on just what you said )

a)The Merchant might have been in on it with the mca broker...pay me 30k then default..sends it off to debt relief or coaches him on what to say
b) Broker just did it and faked docs
c) merchant lied and used the non-knowledge of the psf to leverage his position to default ( when balances get too hight merchants will sell out their mother and their first born child..so will some brokers on commission )
___

As a broker when we send someone to a funder to verify things...1/4 of the time the Funder will go to take them from you ( 1/2 for newbies) So we wait to verify until the last second to not have that long hang time where the merchant can be taken away.( industry created backdoor protection thing)
---
No matter what someone has to answer for that..its fraud. Either on the merchant's side, brokers side or both.Since I do not have all the facts I cant be judge and jury. Someone did something fraudulent.

Is anyone suing anyone? Or visiting their offices? Or just demanding repayment?

one thing ** I do not think a merchant would stop payments after receiving 800k? because of a 30k psf fee. No way. It's more like a bribe and a convenient excuse to bail.