I spoke with a funder who I have known and trusted for quite some time. This is a "good" one.....

It all starts with a fake email address at fundingcircle-usa.com, promising $500,000 over 5 years. Follows up with an MCA. This broker also has a broker email address. In this case he uses david@clearchoice.capital or www.clearchoice.capital for those who are keeping score.

The deal is submitted to a legit funder (or two, both on this board, asked not to be named) by this broker. The email address and phone numbers on the app are fake. The email address was created by the scammer the other day, they're probably the ones who eSigned the app even. The funder funds the deal.

These are clients with previous history with Funding Circle mind you. Somehow, they "only" get $X (far less than $500k). Client calls up the broker and say they only got $X, and he says "That was a mistake, send it back to me, here's my banking information" and he has a small bank in PR to receive the money. The goal was to scam the funder out of the money, not the merchant.

This ISO signs up as an ISO with a fake DL and VC. The DL is "David Rossi", so I was doing research with the funder, turns out that the that is the name of a criminal investigator character played by Joe Montegna on a show called Criminal Minds. The picture is probably an AI-generated version of him, just a bit younger. The DL is for BOA for a Corp that probably doesn't exist. Both were done professionally, they really look legitimate.

One funder is calling the FBI, the other is in touch with Funding Circle. One of them asked me to post this, he's a bit embarrassed that he didn't see the editing on the DL and now that we did research on the name, he's embarrassed that he was trolled by the name on the DL.