Quote Originally Posted by Oxforddan View Post
Kapitus changed to paying on the net during covid. I am sure the higher ups haven't changed it back due to an increase in profitability. There are a few workarounds if you have the volume. You can get them to pay on gross with 7 figures in monthly volume. I also believe they have a tier where they pay on half of the refi'd amount. Last option is get your rep to give you an aggressive monthly volume bonus. The only thing I will say in their defense is they have been pretty aggressive on discounting refi balances for most of my deals. Other than that I agree, yes its **** and their greed has made me far less loyal to them.
We've never been paid on net for renewals in 13 years. And the larger problem is that they advertised their offers with points correlating to the total gross funding amount, not the net. Had we been notified of the change or were it in writing, we would certainly consider placing that same deal elsewhere. It's a huge slap in the face to any ISO who is bringing a $275K deal they are going to profit 50 points on and give us a cheap 2 points for bringing them business. Especially considering this merchant just paid off a huge balance within 3 months for them that we brought to them.