So I got a file from a merchant New Year's weekend. Got app and banks quickly. Low revenue, but had $100k+ in the bank account in reserve. Sent it out on Monday (without the December bank statement). Tuesday got some rejections for Datamerch hits for fraudulent bank statements (which didn't surprise me too much). The merchant got the "same" report about the Datamerch hit (old company) and claimed innocence. I found out who the funder was who put him there and had an old rep contact them, requested to find out more information, figure out how to dispute the Datamerch hit, etc. Meanwhile, one funder said he'd continue working on it, please send the December bank statement. I did. On the same day, the merchant forwarded me an email from the very same funder who put the client on Datamerch (for fraud statements) that reached out DIRECTLY to his new email address, asking "just" for the December bank statement!!! I had sent this file to TWO funders that didn't include the Nov bank statement. EBF and one more (to remain nameless).

What do you think happened here? The merchant had sent the file to lots of other places first and it was a coincidence? Leaky CRM at these two funders? Back door at EBF?

BTW, the client backed down upon bank login and stopped contacting me. I looked him up, and he has an attempted murder charge several years ago. Datamerch hit was legit, for sure.