Hello group -

Criton Capital is a hybrid lender/broker in the commercial real estate arena; meaning, we fund when the deal fits our box (with our parent company, KDM Financial), and we offer to place the deal if it falls outside. We've always been transparent about that.

For quite some time, we have been approached by merchants who find us online seeking MCA, BLOC, or business term loans. Since our loans are only collateralized by RE, we have turned them away. However, I believe it may be time to entertain this financing space and would like some direction from those who are deep in the trenches of this industry. I hope you don't mind some basic, elementary questions...

- I understand the difference between MCA and term loans; but what would be the advantage of one product over the other for the merchant/business owner? It would seem a term loan is more predictable and consistent in terms of repayment.

- Do lenders/funders in this area of business financing offer white labelling when closing the deals on brokered submission?

- What have been the biggest pitfalls in this industry regarding first payment defaults, possible buy backs, financial exposure to the broker, etc?

- Can anyone recommend a direct lender/funder (or a few) that offers all three products (MCA, BLOC and term loans) so that we are not spread across various lenders for each? I honestly don't know the amount of business we would attract initially, and would not want to over-commit.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Alonso
Criton Capital, LLC