After a lot of cold calling I decided that i needed to up my game so I watched a bunch a videos and figured out that i need to be calling warm leads. So i did my own research and a bought a small sample of leads. Like a hundred leads to test them out. I wont say who it is. So i get the list and call them all. out of the whole bunch, one of them was really really good. good credit, very interested, wanted 200k and says he did 500k a month in sales. he is willing to pay cash advande rates and the whole 9 yards. He never fills out the app and i was not able to get him on the phone again. so i look up his business online and can't even find the business anywhere. very weird. anyway the lead company asks me how the leads were and i gave my honest feedback. they were very bad except for 1 solid one that i could not get back on the phone. they told me that was a sales problem not a lead problem and they convinced me that they were right. but because the rest were trash i todl them that i did not want to buy more. he tells me that if i do the math and buy a thousand leads that even if 1% of them were like the solid one from the first list, that i would make a nice profit even if only 2 of them turned into funded deals. and that was a true worst case scenario. I found it hard to argue with that and i still blamed myself for losing that first lead. So i ponied up the money and buoght a thousand leads which was a lot for me.

well of course the whole list sucked and almost nobody answered and when they did they todl me they weren't looking for anything and to take them off the list. eventually i ended up giving that one good lead i had from the first list to a friend and told them if they could get him back on the phone and turn it into a deal that we could split the commission. nobody ever answered the phone # until like 3 months later and this is where it gets wild. the person that answered the phone was the same guy who sold me the leads in the first place. my friend was confused and then the guy tried to play it off like they share an office or something. so now i know what the scam is. the lead that roped me in from the sample was the lead company in disguise to convince me that there were good leads in th esample. I never felt so stupid. I wish now i didn't wire the company the money and the guy says it is not what I think, that he shares an office with a big busienss that really did want a cash advance but that it's because im too new of a salesperson that he decided to get funded by somebody else. Am I just an idiot or does this happen to other people. it does make me sick to my stomach thinking about it still sometimes.