I am a consultant working with several clients who got involved w debt settlement companies - they didn't realize how it really worked...

Does anyone work to consolidate / refinance multiple positions (up to 4) for clients working w a debt settlement company? For what it's worth, this DS company does insist on full repayment, just over a modified extended term.

I know this could be tricky; these clients have defaulted, not a ringing endorsement. But I do a detailed analysis of their company, operating practices, and financials. I only work w clients who can actually pay back the money they've borrowed. It's just that a debt settlement deal doesn't solve their problem - it buys them a little more time, but with the debt settlement fees, they are prob worse off.

I am NOT a lender, not a broker, not an ISO. I need to find a way to restructure clients' balance sheets with a debt service plan they can handle. In most cases, a 12 month term (at a middle-of-the-market money factor) will work.

Looking for anyone who wants to consider consolidating or even just willing to share thoughts / advice where to go...

Thanks