Amazon conspiracy against small business?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Amazon conspiracy against small business?

I swear I get at least 1 package from Amazon a day. Sometimes 2 or 3 different Amazon deliveries by different drivers a day. I am definitely hooked on the convenience. Plus add the insane return policy... How is a small business suppose to compete?!?!

Just today I contacted Amazon regarding something that I forgot to return within the 30 day time period.. I used the chat function on their website and asked the representative if I could get an extension on my return window for an item (Item cost was +$100). The rep put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said sure! So I was happy with that! I would have understood if they wanted to charge me a 20% restocking fee, or even wanted me to pay for the return shipping.. But they said the return shipping is free plus they are going to return the entire amount that I was charged.. BUT wait there's more!!! The unbelievable part is that the rep also told me to keep the item and not return it! In which I replied, "Huh, you are refunding me in full, and you want me to keep the item?". In which the rep replied, "Yes, here is the confirmation for the refund I have issued, and keep the product".

Now how in the hell does a small business compete with that!!!????

CONSPIRACY I TELL YA!

Maybe The Borg had it right along time ago.... "Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated"
    Last edited by Winning; 10-14-2021 at 11:15 AM.