Backdoor=Lendora Beware
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 338241

My two cents: Every advisor and every institution has their own style and requirements. The certainty of closing a transaction is highly reliant on the amount of information reviewed and work done up front. If the appropriate work is done up front by the advisor they SHOULD know what can be done and who will do the deal. If you send a deal to someone who does little work up front, the chances of the deal closing goes down or time is wasted because something came up in review.

Follow the simple rule of closing clients: Know your customer, Know your advisor, and Know your sources of capital.

I personally have a low tolerance of "advisors" calling with "deals" that have done zero work only to waste our time and resources. "I got a guy that needs money" just doesn't cut it in this environment.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry View Post
    My two cents: Every advisor and every institution has their own style and requirements. The certainty of closing a transaction is highly reliant on the amount of information reviewed and work done up front. If the appropriate work is done up front by the advisor they SHOULD know what can be done and who will do the deal. If you send a deal to someone who does little work up front, the chances of the deal closing goes down or time is wasted because something came up in review.

Follow the simple rule of closing clients: Know your customer, Know your advisor, and Know your sources of capital.

I personally have a low tolerance of "advisors" calling with "deals" that have done zero work only to waste our time and resources. "I got a guy that needs money" just doesn't cut it in this environment.
    Perfectly stated, thank you for shining a light on this subject for us. Needless to say, I agree with everything you say, always.