Hi DF'ers ,

First post ever and I was curious.

I wanted to know if you'd experienced the same, maybe shine some light on the topic of discussion. I was working with a lender (Out of professional courtesy I'll choose not to share the name) and as soon as I requested contracts for my client, my client reported to me the very next day that someone went into his account and withdrew $12,000. Now I hate to point fingers BUT it is oddly coincidental that this happened the very same day we requested contracts. I've since reached out to the lender who is no longer interested in working with me or my company.

Has this ever happened to any of you? If so, Would love to hear more about what exactly I should proceed to do and also how to help my client who has since received his money back from the bank but still to no avail as to who stole these funds.

Further explanation: Someone showed up to his bank branches with a Credit card (that he doesn't own) that has his name on it and a passport, As proof that it is him.. (which he also doesn't have) Withdrew $4,000 from 4 different branches.

As a broker, you can hopefully understand my concern here and will NEVER be recommending this lender again.