Jesus Christ! what I have recently learned about what happened on June 1, 1921 in Tulsa, Oklahoma's Greenwood District is very unsettling.

Even more unsettling is the fact that I had not heard about this in all my years of school!

Have anyone here heard about this before?

If this story checks out and is factual, I think all the families affected are owed billions after its adjusted for inflation. And how was it even possible that the insurance companies were able to deny the claims to begin with?

What do you think?

Check out the article CNN published titled "Descendants of Tulsa's 1921 race massacre seek justice as the nation confronts a racist past" https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/18/polit...921/index.html

According to that article...

Airplanes dropped turpentine bombs on the community and it was the first time a US community was bombed from the air.

Supposdly there are mass gaves sites related to this incident. In 2018, Tulsa Mayor G.T. Bynum, a Republican, announced that he would reopen the investigation into mass graves, calling it a murder investigation. This year, they had planned to excavate but because of the coronavirus, those plans are on hold indefinitely.

No one was ever accused, charged, or convicted.

To this day, insurance companies deny their claims. The damages at the time came out to more than $2.7 million, according to Brown, which would be more than $39 million today, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics' CPI Inflation Calculator.