"Black Wall Street". Never knew the extent of what happened.
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Winning, I don't think it's reparations. It's about using the status as "the other" to capitalize on anyone who has money.
    Ok, I'm trying to follow you... Breaking down and comprehending every sentence you wrote.

I am trying to understand the context of your 1st sentence. I have touched on a few different things in this thread. My threads tend to be organic, due to the fact that what I originally may have posted about, sends me down a rabbit hole of new discovery, concepts, ideas, & questions.

So when you say "I don't think it's reparations". Which question is that an answer to?

You don't think the slaves should have received reparations back in 1865 when the emancipation was 1st signed, when it would have been a lot easier to pay the people who were directly affected, as well as assign the burden of paying to the proper companies, states, and families who profited from slavery?

Or.

Are you saying the people affected in the 1921 Black Wall Street incident should not be compensated for their losses?

Or.

Perhaps you do agree there should have been reparations paid centuries ago for slavery, But reparations should not be used as the answer to the current racial wealth gap?

For context, Germany has paid more than $60 billion since 1952 to victims and their heirs for the holocaust.

The 1988 Japanese American reparations legislation signed by Reagan included a national apology, and paid more than 100,000 Americans of Japanese descent who were interned during World War II $20,000 each.
    Last edited by Winning; 07-02-2020 at 03:50 PM.