Covid-19 Shelter in Place: Paypal stopped my repayment drafts!
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

UPDATE!

On post #3, dated 3/25/2020. Is when I 1st submitted an unemployment claim on myself. During that process I mentioned that the State had a field that dictated that I had to perform a certain amount of weekly job searches on an online platform that they have with job postings. The dictated amount said that I had to do "0" searches weekly.

Starting July 6, the agency was set to begin requiring me to make three attempts per week to find a job in order to keep receiving unemployment.

But as of today the state agency reverses the decision to require Texans on unemployment to look for a job due to the COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations surging.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/he...8-3215742f32fc

BTW, for more context.
    An article wrote on June 18th says the "Texas unemployment agency’s bank account drained, now borrowing federal money to pay out-of-work Texans".

"Starting June 9, the TWC’s bank account was set to go negative, when the agency began drawing upon federal loan money known as Title XII Advances. The agency can rely on the funding every day to continue making payments. To date, TWC has borrowed $118,297,483 under the program, which provides the funds interest-free into December 2020."

https://www.wfaa.com/article/money/b...9-aab949151d1f

Thinking about all this magic money that is being created out of thin air really rubs me the wrong way!! So why are there homeless people, or people that can not get proper medical coverage, or people living in poverty? The reason clearly could not have been that the Government could not have afforded to take care of these people... IJS....
    Last edited by Winning; 06-30-2020 at 04:57 PM.