Decision Logic
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 51397 DTFdowntofund's Avatar

Decision Logic

Recently I came across folks who won't use DL for verification purposes, and claim that the results were inaccurate or inconsistent and they don't trust it. This is the first time I've ever heard this claim, and never in my time in this biz have I ever seen or heard of an issue personally... so I was wondering if any of you did.

Senior Member Reputation points: 91418

Quote Originally Posted by DTFdowntofund View Post
    Recently I came across folks who won't use DL for verification purposes, and claim that the results were inaccurate or inconsistent and they don't trust it. This is the first time I've ever heard this claim, and never in my time in this biz have I ever seen or heard of an issue personally... so I was wondering if any of you did.
    Yup. It's not great. It's good for what it is but nothing matches direct bank login. Certainly not DL. One of the biggest issues are with pending transactions. Banks have them as a source of truth. DL's providers aren't as good as scraping them. This can lead to numbers that are way off depending on the time of day. And once the day settles that can bite you in the @$$.

Sometimes DL is spot on and sometimes the results show the entire month negative with no NSFs or ODs. I would say it's 85% accurate and when you see red flags like no NSFs/ODs accompanied by excessive negative days it's best to get LOGIN info. Like anything it has it's Pros and Cons.

It's good but has bugs, it showed me a 3 month report yesterday instead of a year but the reps are quick to help out.
    Captain Funds
    646-851-0400
    submissions@captainfunds.com

I have also noticed that more than a few of my shadiest potential clients have insisted on DL and no manual and I've found a few to be fraud. Pearl once told me there are websites which try and mirror banks to fool DL/Yoodlie I wonder just how easy it is to scam them?

Senior Member Reputation points: 10484
    Recently un-retired, "shocked" that nothing has changed.

I've had fake links with mirrored bank websites sent in for login.