Lender hoppers
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    Do you all find yourself when certain people in this industry call you and say "i am now by xxxx" that you think i give it a month to 6 months max.
    I dont know if these people just think the grass is greener or they keep getting fired but it is crazy how they still get hired.
    in general, iso managers that seek out your business have about an average lifespan of 2 years at a co if they are lucky. the main goal of hiring them to begin with is to get their book of business. once the business is developed, they are no longer of value and the co does not want to keep paying them overrides when they can put a warm body making hourly to manage the iso business. this is a practice done at most co's. that is why you see so many folks jump co to co. the other part of this quotas that are not obtainable , thus, grounds to can the rep at will. everyone comes in with rose color glasses only to leave with sour grapes. Than, they take their iso contacts to the newco, and, email you "I am at x co and have this wonderful program send me some deals" rinse, repeat

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    in general, iso managers that seek out your business have about an average lifespan of 2 years at a co if they are lucky. the main goal of hiring them to begin with is to get their book of business. once the business is developed, they are no longer of value and the co does not want to keep paying them overrides when they can put a warm body making hourly to manage the iso business. this is a practice done at most co's. that is why you see so many folks jump co to co. the other part of this quotas that are not obtainable , thus, grounds to can the rep at will. everyone comes in with rose color glasses only to leave with sour grapes. Than, they take their iso contacts to the newco, and, email you "I am at x co and have this wonderful program send me some deals" rinse, repeat
    I think I figured out who you were yesterday. This post confirms my suspicions ( and I am 70% certain)

Senior Member Reputation points: 6639 gaxisa's Avatar

This is pretty spot on. But of course there's some deviation from the norm. When I was an ISO rep at a direct lender, once I had been there for about a year and built a book of about 25 ISO's and started getting a heavy submission flow, the company I was at actually bumped up my override. Wasn't enough to keep me there and I went into the broker world though.
    Gary Axisa
    Blue Streak Capital, Inc.
    PM me for my email

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by gaxisa View Post
    This is pretty spot on. But of course there's some deviation from the norm. When I was an ISO rep at a direct lender, once I had been there for about a year and built a book of about 25 ISO's and started getting a heavy submission flow, the company I was at actually bumped up my override. Wasn't enough to keep me there and I went into the broker world though.
    All Financial Services work this way. From stocks and bonds to loans to insurance to mca

__

I gave an analogy a long time ago...morie the wig guy...Goodfellas

He had no shot of getting paid

30 years later i am still going. If you are valuable to your funders...make them money $$ you have a 50% chance of survival( defaults come into play), Some will cut your throat no matter what

..find the scorpion and the frog analogies I gave before

This is also why super isos exist

Senior Member Reputation points: 305250

Thanks that actually makes a lot of sense

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    Thanks that actually makes a lot of sense
    LOL You didnt realize what the hell was happening in Florida??

TEN are down..I am still standing

And next year will be big ...i am just going to do it to do it
    Last edited by Karen37a; 11-16-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    LOL You didnt realize what the hell was happening in Florida??

TEN are down..I am still standing

And next year will be big ...i am just going to do it to do it
    Ten what are down?

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    Ten what are down?
    She’s just mad Michael said something positive about someone else’s comment. Infuriated she typed some random stuff.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    She’s just mad Michael said something positive about someone else’s comment. Infuriated she typed some random stuff.
    I do not type random stuff and people who are really in the Financial world ..know/understand what I type.

The more you type the more I realize you were not just "playing along" you really do not understand how things work

You are just a throw the **** against the wall and see what sticks kinda guy

ADD. Which is fine with me. Everyone has their styles. I am a hold onto the book of business like a pitbull, high renewals and go after the merchants to get the money back if they think they are going to default kinda gal

to each their own

we come from different worlds. I am use to having a Fiduciary Responsibility over the money or go to jail if you lose it
    Last edited by Karen37a; 11-16-2018 at 01:31 PM.