Is Bitcoin a BUBBLE???
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Is Bitcoin a BUBBLE???

Hey all,

So, for those of you who are concerned about whether or not the crypto currency space is in a bubble, consider these facts. Please be advised this is simply the opinion of one man and not to be taken as anything more than that. HOPEFULLY this helps those who are debating getting in to frame this up.

Facts:

1. As of this writing on Monday morning January 8, 2018 the total market cap for crypto currencies stands at $736BN...
    2. The dot com bubble burst at $1.7 TRILLION. Roughly $2.3 trillion in TODAYS' dollars.
    3. The total COMBINED market cap of GOOG / GOOGL is $1.5 trillion.
    4. Institutional capital continues to pour in - CME and CBOE are examples.

What does this all mean? Technically speaking, this all means absolutely nothing. However, it leads me to believe that the bubble has quite some time to go before it bursts. It could very well burst in the next few hours, weeks, or months. That's IF it's a bubble.

Anyway, it's hard for me to see this bubble bursting with a market cap smaller than the dot com bubble (in todays' dollars / $2.3 trillion). So, I'm not " too concerned" until the market triples in size and while this happens, I expect to bank another 10x ROI this year... I'll have a lot more time to focus on cryptos as I've stopped all outreach to business owners completely and will just call on renewals.

Nonetheless, I am watching some "bubble ish" activities come to bear. For instance, there's a "lending club for bitcoin" in a sense. You put up your bitcoin as collateral ($10k min) and you borrow UNITED STATES DOLLARS and pay your loan back in USD + interest in fees. However, virtually everyone who uses this platform uses it to leverage their BTC positions. They are borrowing the USD and buying more BTC, paying off the loan on BTC rallies and essentially printing money.

There's another coin that shot to the moon and they haven't written any code yet. The founders are billionaires. Just like that. Boom! Let's all get up tomorrow and make up a great sounding coin and get rich folks! just kidding...

THIS IS NOT SUSTAINABLE... One thing to keep in mind it's ONLY the beginning. Bubbles only burst when either there isn't enough air to blow into them, or there's a prick. I don't see either happening anytime soon.

Anyway, the best position to be in is to be playing / gambling with house money. If you start with $100 and double your money, take that $100 off the table and take bets on great projects...

I expect the next 8 weeks or so to be crazy. There are some big cap coins that will make 3-5x ROI moves and I'll be there to ride the wave. Will you?
    Last edited by Crypto Q; 01-08-2018 at 09:20 AM.