does anybody cold call to generate deals?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

does anybody cold call to generate deals?

I've been in MCA since I was 20 years old. I started on Wall Street w. "Sam C and Co." After about 2 years I left. Not because I didn't love selling the product...I just didn't like SOME of the shady people behind it. I mean not everybody was shady...but it was like the wild wild west and I didn't want to get caught up in any BS. So I took the good money I made along with the skills I honed, and bounced. Now fast forward into 2013...I'm pretty sure the landscape has changed a bit, but I'm excited about getting back into the game. I know this is a product that truly helps merchants out. Back in the day leads came in through a dialer...worst case i'd call from the "grid" of merchants who showed interest at one point, but for some reason or another got cold feet. Either way it was better then starting off completely cold. Although buying leads sounds tempting, I still want to know if anyone still does cold call. I know it can be a challenge, but I also know that honing that particular skill means you never have to wait on anybody else for your business. I plan on doing it anyway, so for those of you that didn't get the experience you want don't have to tell me how fruitless it was for you. I know it works, even if this particular way of prospecting takes awhile to get accustomed to. Who I do want to hear from are the people that do it regularly and how they approach it. Trust me, I'm already aware it's an uphill battle, but I'm interested in hearing how you overcame that to make it apart of your prospecting regimen.

Thanks.
    Last edited by aych86; 12-19-2012 at 11:50 AM.