Ondeck Stock - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    I think it's time to be long this stock!
    was just talking about this in our office.. I might be time, MAYBE
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 8384

i bought 10,00 shares 3 months ago

Senior Member Reputation points: 12452

http://debanked.com/2017/08/has-onde...ed-the-corner/

In the last sentence of the article they say, "During the Q&A session of the earnings call, CEO Noah Breslow said he believed the company was positioned well to gain some market share due to the shakeout occurring in the industry."

Curious how the shakeout at Bizfi effects OnDeck going forward. While certainly it is one less competitor, I have always heard for the longest time that Bizfi's sales arm was one of their largest ISOs.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    edit
    Agreed.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funding pro View Post
    http://debanked.com/2017/08/has-onde...ed-the-corner/

In the last sentence of the article they say, "During the Q&A session of the earnings call, CEO Noah Breslow said he believed the company was positioned well to gain some market share due to the shakeout occurring in the industry."

Curious how the shakeout at Bizfi effects OnDeck going forward. While certainly it is one less competitor, I have always heard for the longest time that Bizfi's sales arm was one of their largest ISOs.
    A large ISO that has shut it doors? Unless they have been contacted by some receivership third party, that now means that all those deals are theirs to keep. Rightly or wrongly, they potentially stepped in some good isht

Senior Member Reputation points: 18447

Indeed...especially still Bizfi appears to be droppping the ball with outstanding merchants....and that's real coin owed to them-well to the senior lenders. I've been an institutional lender of facilities of $50-$250 million and we would have taken control or better yet a buyout just be made whole-would never take this credibly collection risk. On the NLF side.....the value of this division (based upon Bizfi actions or lack thereof) will go to the funders. Good for Ondeck and looks like Can Capital can capitalize as well. This is what happened when CIT purchased the Direct Capital portfolio.

Karen37a
    WSJ Article

Online lenders On Deck and LendingClub both exceeded diminished expectations Monday but they are looking less special as competition increases.

Both companies have to worry about rising competition. Innovative payment companies like Square and PayPal are extending more microloans to their merchant customers. Meanwhile, giants of finance like Goldman Sachs are extending more unsecured personal loans, which is LendingClub’s sweet spot.

http://www.cetusnews.com/life/Online...1x18jDUDb.html

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

Stock seems to have a hard time staying over the $5 price. I actually thought post election shorts would cover and new money (perhaps even smart money) would scoop up and stock would climb seems like i was so far wrong. I would love nothing more then the original holders in the steep 20's per share get some relief.
    Last edited by mcaguru; 08-09-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

You need to play the long game with this stock. I'm just holding on to my shares and will check on the price as infrequently as possible.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

I would not short this company at this time some company may acquire or perhaps I've seen these play out were new management takes over (like an X CIT kind of human capital guy) and new funds feel comfortable to acquire a share position.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

When the initial stock price came out my advisor said buy it if it goes below $8 and low and behold, it happened. Still not buying but their international expansion and focus on profitability and balance sheet lending could improve their Shares imo.

Karen37a
    On decks valuation on the start of the IPO was 15 times its book value.

Growth has decelerated and no matter what. When Investors buy these A paper "baskets" of loans and they are told they are top quality...then you open the baskets, ( like the movie the big short tranches.)..they better be great quality and not have high default ratios.

On top of people yelling out for regulation and scaring the buyers of these baskets away and making the money cost more ( risk reward).Some companies grew too large...you do not have to take on the world or move to Mars to find new clients...there comes a maintenance phase. ( if anyone is really going there, it will cost a lot and cause more debt)

A stock price is just Air..moving on, pe ratios, book value, earnings, good news, bad news, and rumor...

Like Enron, Dot Com, Dot bomb Dot gone...what was is worth? Whatever someone is willing to pay.

( not that they are like Enron)

I can see it swinging widely, either way. Its either going to be a great comeback story or poof.

Hedge Funds will be in the drivers seat soon.

Karen37a
    Ps . One problem with taking a company public is that the shareholders are always hungry for qtr to qtr , year to year growth or they oust the leadership.

Then they turn on you. Or get bought out.

4.31 -0.220 (-4.86%)

Seems like a 6 month LOW and that's all during one of the Best Bull Runs... Can anyone pin-point why this would be happening ?
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Senior Member Reputation points: 338265

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    4.31 -0.220 (-4.86%)

Seems like a 6 month LOW and that's all during one of the Best Bull Runs... Can anyone pin-point why this would be happening ?
    The Company no longer has the support of viable institutional money until they execute on a business plan that makes money. The institutional money that bought the stock post IPO is probably long gone. The bulk of the average daily volume has been small institutions, small hedge funds, retail clients, and day traders.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Karen37a
    4.31 -0.220 (-4.86%)

I've already told you why thru numerous posts. I also told you in ADVANCE of the catastrophic event.I also told people not to do certain things because I know how wall street reacts.

The question you just asked is like me asking( just an example no immediate correlation just used for compare/ contrast)

...why is this hemp company in hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico not getting money when we are in an MCA bull run.

Each company has a valuation and an "algorithm " to determine its value based on future revenues not past.

Kind of like underwriting a file

add **Rumor and news propels a stock forward to the price point they believe it will be based on the future event...when the event comes true it stabilizes...false rumor tanks

like screaming regulation = fire in a theater
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-05-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Karen37a
    Ps. I told some to stop yelling fire over and over and over as people tried to jump me.

Now what? smh

Some had the nerve to tell me to "lie down" as if I am embarrassed( and correct typos)... I was embarrassed to be associated with some...like the little yellow school bus getting paid in jello and pudding for A paper 150k deals
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-05-2018 at 12:10 PM. Reason: edit typos

I would love to see it flourish i'm in the FIN Space it would be great if they traded at a Billion or 2 cap.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Karen37a
    I would love to see it flourish I'm in the FIN Space it would be great if they traded at a Billion or 2 caps.
    Not happening in this environment( money has to come back in)...each sector has a valuation as well ...like a margin in advances...

restricted industries vs non or preferred

Bitcoin tanking can bring some money back hopefully

My hedge fund friends ( of 40 years) are telling me ...that model doesn't work now

While I'm saying ..."for THEM i know how to pick advances like I can pick stocks"...other peoples actions reflect on the whole industry

When you fire the free 1099 deal flow...tisk tisk, another huge mistake.

How are they going to hold onto their book? HOW

You need killer closers on your side and $$$$$$$ smh...refer to ballys Jacklanne speech as we all walked off and they did go under
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-05-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Karen37a
    Marcus,

Just to scare the pants off of you. Did you ever see a company delist?

Companies have to hold a certain valuation to stay on the NYSE. It's on the NYSE not Nasdaq correct? ...I don't know the numbers anymore.

I do think the stock has to go under $1 so that part is safe

Earnings are coming out. I hope they post a positive( move into $7.50-10 range...ill look at the short interest) or those hedge funds are going to call for peoples heads or a buyout.

( they are going to yell "fiduciary responsibility" )

oh yeah I was never a stockbroker /venture capital for 15 years...i saw it in the movies lol
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-05-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Ive seen many companies get Delisted or fell below $5 bucks (smart money (Mutual F.) rarely touch securities south of 5 buck) I do think someone may want to acquire it .... I can also see another option play out but will keep quiet...i don't want to be called a prophet since its just a gutt based on common sense ...but would not be surprised if it played out...
    Last edited by mcaguru; 02-05-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Karen37a
    Ive seen many companies get Delisted or fell below $5 bucks (smart money (Mutual F.) rarely touch securities south of 5 buck) I do think someone may want to acquire it .... or i have other assumptions what can happen but i dont want to be called a prophet since its a gutt off my common sense ...
    I know you know how to make money,...slap the next person who talks down to you lol

im off training...will it never end...new faces ..." long and winding road"

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

4.31 -0.220 (-4.86%)

Well it could be because earnings are next week. Or the fact that the Dow lost 1,000 points in two days...

In other news, bitcoin has officially jumped the shark!
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    I learned a mental trick a long long time ago with valuations of stocks...simple and easy to understand valuations ( other than the quantitive and qualitative analysis I use)

When I was buying a stock/investment for myself or someone ; I closed my eyes and thought... " if I had all the money to buy this whole company...100% ( my personal money or my close friends), and my only choice was all or none.... what would I pay for it? and would I buy it at all?"

Then you look at the assets, current revenues...potential future revenues.Hazards going forward, new competition, sales force, and product lines, management expertise ( sales), industry cycles ...then try to place yourself in the future.

Then sometimes the song goes off in my head ( from before my time )

(The moment I wake up before I put on my makeup...i say a little prayer for you.. )

** I use the same method of thinking in cash advance from the day I got here...would I lend this loonie tunes my own money**

( i loved talking with guys who told me I don't understand algorithms and need to go to underwriting school)

Here is another great question. Why would certain companies..not on-deck or lc in particular; make enemies of all their sales force nationwide by not paying someone( many someones) a measly 2k or taking their small book of business away? Or thinking you were smarter and brushing them off , when you clearly were/are not, someone just let you think it to get the edge on you?

( I was at dinner the other night with a few hedge fund guys and we were laughing saying someone is the Harvey Weinstein of the industry, don't ask, don't tell lol)

There are 2 maybe 3 Ceos who really are in touch with their salesforce....it is clearly shown.

Some other companies are tied to specific other companies rise or downfall.

The Backdoor bonanza turned into the Backdoor avalanche. I do hope certain ones pull out of the steep decline, others not so much. ( I am trying not to root for one to go down so they take the others, )

maybe I'll use some peoples favorite word " healthy shake out"....scroll alllllllllll the way back to when I entered the df...i said you were not going to knock the c/d paper out, certain A paper would get knocked out and if you cant sell between 25-50% leave now
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-06-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Karen37a
    Nice job to some of you who were fake-friendly with me...I saw you coming from miles and miles away. And the ones who wanted me to join their house /basement Iso...that was fun.

You think I wanted to walk into some company and say "hey I AM A SHARK FROM WALL ST"..hire me for 10 bucks an hour/draw or commission LOL ( not that you believed it anyway)

Some of us just wanted to place deals with out your drama

If there is a lesson to be learned.....Dont drink and drive.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-06-2018 at 09:09 AM.