15k active processing merchants.
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoanShark714 View Post
    We have in house and outside MSP agents. I plan on announcing to our Inside and Outside Agents that we are now offering business loans to our merchants. BUT i know our agents will not reach out to 100% of our merchants to notify our new business loan programs. Therefor when we do have merchants calling in for business loans after they saw our advertising wither on a commercial, mailing, marketing without the agents involvement. Do you think its fair not to pay the Agent? Since the company did the marketing and gave the heads up our agents already that we are offering loans now? Thanks.
    I guess that depends. Does your ISO agreement say you have the right to market additional products to their merchants? And if so, are you supposed to pay them? In your case, a loan is a value-added product to the processing relationship. Refer to your agreement.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    I guess that depends. Does your ISO agreement say you have the right to market additional products to their merchants? And if so, are you supposed to pay them? In your case, a loan is a value-added product to the processing relationship. Refer to your agreement.

I couldn't agree more. If the rep does the work they should be compensated. If you don't compensate them on this you could be creating a bigger headache than it's worth and on top of that your name will get out there as a "non paying ***hole" whether it's justified or not. I agree with Sean, if the agreement says PAY, you should pay.