Adwords might become a big problem
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 4807

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    I also got this e-mail. I am just going to leave thing unchanged and if something happens to my ads, adjust them afterwards. No use getting worked up about it before hand. My guess is this is for consumer loans like paydays, etc.
    I'm still 99% sure that's exactly what this is targeted at. That industry is under major scrutiny. Not the MCA/Biz loan space. MCA's and biz loans are under virtually zero scrutiny. And they won't be any time soon.

The question we should ask ourselves is why is Google doing this? Because they are suddenly feeling like being an advocate for consumer protection and disclosure? Ha, not a chance. IMO- they are being pressured by regulators. That's the only reason I can see. Google is 100% in it to make money. They would never squeeze advertisers unless they are being forced too.

Google doesn't know the nuances here. They are simply targeting all advertisers that are in the loan space across the board. Clarification will follow shortly. And I'm still pretty much certain it's not going to affect biz loan providers.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finance1 View Post
    MCA's and biz loans are under virtually zero scrutiny. And they won't be any time soon.
    Famous last words before the regulators walk in the door

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Or maybe google's going to announce their own short term lending program and they want everyone else out of the picture.

check out the video on this
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/06/opinio...ust/index.html

Senior Member Reputation points: 4807

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    lol- not saying it's "impossible" to get regulated but this industry is far far from it. The microscope has come up a few times with zero impact. Rapid in 2008 tried to put the industry on the radar and of there have been a few high profile class actions with little collateral damage.

It's not even on the radar right now and I don't see it happening anytime soon. Regulators always focus on b2c stuff. B2B is largely left alone. In my home state of MD there is zero usary on any unsecured b2b loan above $15k. A handwritten contract on a cocktail napkin is binding too.

We are incorporated in VA. I have it in writing from the div of fin regulation that they have zero oversight on our business. There is not one single regulation in place irt cash advances.

If the meltdown didn't cause any regulations then I can't see anything sudden happening. Famous last words....LOL

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finance1 View Post
    lol- not saying it's "impossible" to get regulated but this industry is far far from it. The microscope has come up a few times with zero impact. Rapid in 2008 tried to put the industry on the radar and of there have been a few high profile class actions with little collateral damage.

It's not even on the radar right now and I don't see it happening anytime soon. Regulators always focus on b2c stuff. B2B is largely left alone. In my home state of MD there is zero usary on any unsecured b2b loan above $15k. A handwritten contract on a cocktail napkin is binding too.

We are incorporated in VA. I have it in writing from the div of fin regulation that they have zero oversight on our business. There is not one single regulation in place irt cash advances.

If the meltdown didn't cause any regulations then I can't see anything sudden happening. Famous last words....LOL
    Cocky attitudes and gross negligence will ALWAYS get the Regulators' attention.