Dancing for Fast Money
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 5777

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    I am not sure you realize the profile of typical business taking funding. We fund sophisticated business owners that have real revenues/leases/employees/ accountants / traditional banking relations / etc.
    I fully understand the profile. I am not saying you are preying on the weak. I am just asking brokers explore other options of financing before you shove an MCA down their throat. I am not saying you are personally doing it. But I have seen too many potential factor clients who stacked MCA's but do not know what factoring is. (But let's be honest, most MCA shops are preying on the weak, desperate, and uninformed).

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Cooper View Post
    Not sure why so much time is being spent comparing MCA's to traditional factors? Doesn't the latter require a merchant to have some earned A/R? MCA's are a different product class that aren't priced on A/R.
    Listen carefully, I am spending time to compare an MCA to factoring because I want to show you brokers that it is possible to make a decent commission on factoring. I am not telling you send a Taco Truck merchant to a factor. I am precisely asking you to have an honest and constructive convo with the business owner and see what is best for them. I have just seen TOO MANY perfect clients for us (factoring) get WAY behind due to MCA's. And in an effort to get a subordination- when I speak to MCA brokers, they don't know what a subordination or inter-creditor agreement. It becomes frustrating- I spoke to CAN Capital trying to get a subordination and they went through 3 different lawyers in 3 weeks. It was embarrassing.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

[QUOTE=TedFundy;66866]I fully understand the profile. I am not saying you are preying on the weak. I am just asking brokers explore other options of financing before you shove an MCA down their throat. [QUOTE}

Whose shoving down throats MCA? We have 1000+ vendors that submit files that are extremely professional. Yes i am sure the factoring world have aggressive sales people as in evrey industry for example, my mom has a cousin that owned a restaurant in lower Manhattan he would grab people by the arms walking by and seat them for a meal! was that a reflection on the restaurant business ?!
    Last edited by mcaguru; 03-02-2017 at 03:22 PM.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com