Okay so ... rip me apart because of competition but,..best target industries?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Lightbulb Okay so ... rip me apart because of competition but,..best target industries?

My leads here at work are thrown from campaign to campaign and the owner thinks i don't know and I'm sick of it n need new leads..he is supposed to be buying new leads next week,..we're changing offices over the weekend to a new building and meanwhile I'm sucking wind n haven't closed a deal in like five weeks now and am at my wit's end........I've been using different sites such as manta and a few others....
    I know doctors, and restaurants are good, but nearly impossible to get the owners on the phones.....usually sending emails n it's just eating my time up.....I did auto repair yesterday n got a lot of owners on phone but like i feel like i might as well be dialing out of a phone book,....like yeah i have data to see if its even worth my time,..and then another thing a decent percent of my leads in my dialer have no owner's name......pops up n "Hi,...can I talk to the owner?"
    yeah really sounds liek you have a strong relationship with him,..gatekeeper always shuts down....hungry but getting complacent......
    Send Halp!!!

~CthulhuHeather

Senior Member Reputation points: 23085

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuNJ View Post
    My leads here at work are thrown from campaign to campaign and the owner thinks i don't know and I'm sick of it n need new leads..he is supposed to be buying new leads next week,..we're changing offices over the weekend to a new building and meanwhile I'm sucking wind n haven't closed a deal in like five weeks now and am at my wit's end........I've been using different sites such as manta and a few others....
    I know doctors, and restaurants are good, but nearly impossible to get the owners on the phones.....usually sending emails n it's just eating my time up.....I did auto repair yesterday n got a lot of owners on phone but like i feel like i might as well be dialing out of a phone book,....like yeah i have data to see if its even worth my time,..and then another thing a decent percent of my leads in my dialer have no owner's name......pops up n "Hi,...can I talk to the owner?"
    yeah really sounds liek you have a strong relationship with him,..gatekeeper always shuts down....hungry but getting complacent......
    Send Halp!!!

~CthulhuHeather
    If the owner is not willing to invest in good data that converts in effect they are not willing to invest in you. There are more variables than just looking at industry type.

There are hundreds of shops in the NY / NJ area, dust off your resume and work at a company with a good sales pipeline that has a niche in getting interested merchants on the line with you.

Senior Member Reputation points: 49940

Okay so ... rip me apart because of competition but,..best target industries?

Doesn't sound like you're working in the best of places. There's always reps over here looking to hire, feel free to reach out if you're interested.
    Last edited by Anthony@torro; 02-25-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 84417

Sent you a PM
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Karen37a
    You cant call the same burnt out leads over and over( free uccs are better than that ) and you cant just say "Hi can I talk to the owner" ...you come across as a telemarketer and the receptionists are paid to block telemarketers and sales calls. And the more $$ that the merchant/client makes the stronger the secretary is to block the calls..so you really have to learn to get thru the gatekeeper ( its a sales skill)...many ways to get thru the gatekeeper

# 1 get new leads or look up the owners name or ask for the name on one phone call, make a note, the next day call back using the name. Or ask for the vm ..If his name is Robert and you hear him on vm saying "bubbas gone fishing, ill see you soon", when you call back say,(with positive inflection in your voice ) "hey is Bubba back from fishing.?".you get right thru.( this is where new brokers on my team say, I am not doing all that, I use a one call close, then i think gl to you, you wont make it past the week, maybe even the day ,then another moron says, I don't do all that I just ask for soc sec # over the phone lol. then I yell across the room...and you made 1 sale a month , now you are on my team dont ever do that again )

#2 Once you get thru the gatekeeper to the decision maker then get him to stay on the phone with you for more than 10 seconds. capture his attention have a great "pitch" to make him possibly interested in doing business with you, today tomorrow or somewhere in the near future..and in 30 seconds make sure you state the name of your company, purpose of call ( mcas) for compliance reasons ( even though we are not regulated)

#3 Possibly Take Anthonys offer if there is room for you, or someone who knows what they are doing and can train you; then you can hear successful people on the phone..mirror them

I train people on the keys to selling..Establish a value, earn trust and find the urgency

Different Lenders sometimes have certain target industries they like a little bit more than the other. Also some brokers do better working in certain industries, Its personality driven. I have an older woman on my team that loves truck drivers and I do not do as well im that industry , I try to avoid it. I had an debate( argument) with her I once said " if you are looking for your next husband, at least find a rich one, get off the truck drivers , find a doctor ". I leave her alone to the industries she does well in now.

No matter what you have to learn how to get past the gatekeeper. That is a skill that must be learned , taught, and mastered.And their are many many many ways.

Then you have to learn how to follow up...then close

Gl in your quest. You really need to have a mentor who knows what they are doing.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 03-01-2017 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Typo police

If things don't change, I may be forced to. But as of right now, I have too much invested in this company on a personal level where I couldn't just jump ship. Perhaps in the future.....We shall see. Hopefully things get better.......
    ~Cthulhu

New leads were bought, but they were garbage,....I think new avenues just need to be explored and sometimes it can be hard to teach an old dog new tricks....

~Cthulhu
    Last edited by CthulhuNJ; 03-21-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2782

If your funder can fund in CA, I would say target CA as you need a lenders license to broker there and they are not getting hit with all of the phone calls as hard as anywhere else.