what is the deal?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

what is the deal?

ok so i need to know the truth, i am fairly new to the industry and in my first month funded 130k, since then another 40k. 4 months in i know it should be way more than 400k. i know its not me, possibly the old leads that are being provided, or the fact that we dont have in house lenders. so i ask all the veterans for some advice. i want to make tons of money and this is my calling.

thanks

Mr. Cash call me 215.642.0686

Maybe you have to start putting on some lip sticks and setting appointments.

Senior Member Reputation points: 20944

Quote Originally Posted by mrcash420 View Post
    ok so i need to know the truth, i am fairly new to the industry and in my first month funded 130k, since then another 40k. 4 months in i know it should be way more than 400k. i know its not me, possibly the old leads that are being provided, or the fact that we dont have in house lenders. so i ask all the veterans for some advice. i want to make tons of money and this is my calling.

thanks

Are you giving me the 'it's not you, it's me' routine? I don't know if that shows a lot of hand.

In all seriousness, it's always going to begin and end with you, when deciding how successful you are, even if your (temporary) conditions are less than great. Accept that you have this power, and be accountable for it, don't give it away. With that being said, can you clarify what you mean by 'old leads', so you can receive a more specific answer?

Also a lot of companies (as well as a lot of individuals) don't have inhouse funders and still do very well, so that in and of itself is not likely the primary issue.

Senior Member Reputation points: 4807

This is not a get rich quick industry. Those days have long since passed. It's tight and competitive as heck out there. Quality deals are fought for. Even sub standard deals are competitive nowadays. It's more of a game of singles than home runs. It's easy to price yourself out of a deal by trying to grab max comp.

thanks for clearing that up.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

$400k over four months is pretty reasonable for one agent. Over a 12 month period you'll probably find some large deals that will improve your totals. After the first 4-6 months, the renewals will start kicking in and after 2 years you'll have a solid book of business. Slow and steady wins the race. Keep your head in the game and keep dialing for dollars.