Newbie needs some more advice.
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    No, but most people use .... Google. Or Bing. Or Yahoo. If you want to find a product or service that is available, do you use Google, or do you wait for someone in boiler room to Cold call you? Lmao.

Even more, what percentage of business owners in need of immediate financing wait around for cold calls?
    According to this logic, there is no need for any company to hire salespeople to perform outbound telemarketing sales since no business owner seeking a service will just sit around twiddling their thumbs waiting for a cold caller to reach them. Tell that to the legions of millionaire salespeople out there crushing it with cold calling in every industry...

There are tons of times where I've called a business owner and he said "Wow, as a matter of fact, I'm in the market for financing and I'm still looking at options. Whatcha got?" It's all about timing and making enough calls to cast as wide a net as possible. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly nice to get qualified inbound leads but unless you're swamped with 10 plus per day (which is exceedingly rare nowadays unless your shop spends millions on marketing), you'll actually have to pick up the phone and do some real prospecting to fill out your pipeline and put food on the table. Salespeople who think they can sit around all day waiting for the Glengarry leads to pop up in their inbox usually don't last very long. When the lead volume dries up they ***** about things like poor lead quality, the industry is too damn competitive and a hundred other reasons to explain away their failure as they troll the forums of their previous industry during lunch breaks at Best Buy. The salespeople who know how to roll up their sleeves and actually cold call effectively (like Karen37 and her team) can always write their own ticket in any industry. I've heard Karen's sales pitch several times and will freely admit her skills blow mine away, and I'm no slouch myself. Salespeople who aren't afraid to cold call are immune to the MCA lead snake oil salesmen pitching their crappy products to pseudo salesmen seeking fictional shortcuts to success.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 02-26-2017 at 09:12 PM.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz