Newbie needs some more advice.
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Karen37a
    Of-Funder ..I agree
    John,

Commissions not being paid have nothing to do with the "so called" uneducated new brokers entering the industry and asking questions .

I remember when I wandered onto wall st, took the train with my resume saying I was a top sales manager from another industry, and my computer science degree..scared to death walking into a building and thinking " I am not going home until I get hired". Sat in the lobby some snotty secretary told me to come back another day ..i said I would wait until the sales manager goes home and chase him thru the streets telling him how good I was and to give me a shot even though I didn't know ANYTHING about Wall st or Finance.He made me wait, 2 hours later he called me in and said " you nutjob, I think you might make it as a stockbroker since you wont take no for an answer".

New Brokers are not the demise of the industry. Everyone starts from somewhere.What I think you are trying to say is the non payment of commissions by lenders has to be addressed and the supervision of brokers and compliance by lenders or individual Isos who still submit to Lenders and adhere to their underwriting requirements.

Westcoast
    And yes DF has alot of good info on it, networking opportunities etc. Not everyone is going to get along or have the same opinions and will stick to their guns or sink low in an argument when proven wrong.

**PS. I believe 90% of the time the merchants are not loyal to the broker and the newbie broker or non street smart one doesn't realize the merchant just went with someone else.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-25-2017 at 01:49 PM. Reason: typos as usual