Newbie needs some more advice.
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    avg Commission is 2-4k depending on the broker
    On UCCs? Today? I would have to disagree. $900 - $1,200 range on average is where I'll put it.

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    Damn right. With an accurate 10,000 UCC list from 2015/2016, I can generate 150-250K in gross revenue with a two man shop in 12 months.
    Archie, please break down the numbers (realistically) on how two guys generate $250,000 in revenue off of a 10,000 list of UCCs today? Even if you work with the D lenders that do nothing but stack, stack, and stack, that's still not possible on today's UCC lists.

$900 in average commission is crap. You can make more than that selling $7500 Yellowstone advances. My average commission is in the 2k range.
    How many of these $7,500 12 point advances are you selling to UCC lists today? You would need to sell at least 275 of them. Is that what you're doing?

Because while those things "work" (in terms of getting new clients) to some degree, very few of them are actually worth pursuing by smaller ISOs. Half of those campaigns will give you a negative ROI (you know how much a billboard in a major city costs??) and the others will provide too few leads on their own for an ISO to survive comfortably. Cold calling still provides the highest ROI because you're really just paying for sweat equity. White hat SEO is important but it's a longer term play and not something to rely on for consistently good lead flow. Rather it's usually just one smaller component of an ISOs overall marketing strategy.
    - Cold calling out of the Yellow Pages, is the worse marketing strategy that any Broker can utilize today. Completely horrible. For every 600 dials you make, you are lucky to get 20 interested merchants. Of those 20 interested merchants, you are lucky to convert 4 applications. Of the 4 applications, 2 are approved, of the 2 approvals you get 1 close. 600 dials to get to 1 close, the rep would burn out, which is what MOST of them are doing following this strategy. Don't take my word on it, just look at the industry Archie.

- UCCs are also horrible. I broke the numbers down earlier.

I would love to see you and Karen break down your assertions with actual, real, production numbers. Not just the usual Zig Ziggler/Tom Hopkins sales "lingo" about how cold calling out of the Yellow Pages is going to make you a millionaire, or pounding through ineffective UCC data (that everybody is calling on and where most leads are stacked to hell with NSFs everywhere) is going to make you $250,000.

The numbers you and Karen are throwing out are just completely unrealistic, thus, I would love to see estimated production breakdowns.

Now, with that being said, there are productive/profitable marketing strategies left today, but I can assure you that UCC data and Yellow Page cold calling are not one of them.
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 02-27-2017 at 04:34 AM.