Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
Absolutely correct. Now tell me the cost per click of those terms and how much your average ISO would have to spend in order to rank properly (first 2 pages of Google). Then tell me how much it would cost and length of time to rank a website for all the industry long tail keywords to even get a meaningful slice of that volume. And then tell me what percentage of those searches are from people who even remotely qualify for a business loan (Hint: most of those clicks are from startups, no matter how well your ads are worded to discourage them from clicking). It's not pretty. That's why unless you have incredibly deep pockets and are willing to suffer through a negative ROI for a few years until your SEO campaigns are dialed in and renewals kick in, cold calling will always remain the most consistent way for a small shop to make it in the MCA industry.
Who said anything about cost per click? High quality white hat SEO costs..... nothing.

Say it again: NOTHING.

If you are capable of putting together effective long tail SEO you will rank within months. And all it takes is high-quality content and elbow grease.

Like I said, it's 2017. If you're considering buying a car, do you wait around for a cold-caller, or do you use the internet to search? And where are things trending more and more everyday?

Do as you wish. Just understand when people say "the only way to market is the way we've been doing it for 10 years" are people that miss the boat when disruption happens.