hard to place deals
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

hard to place deals

hey all,

seems like the lenders who used to fund all the harder to place deals are getting more stringent with their requirements; Knight is a no show, and yellowstone, mantis and lendini (to name a few) are declining files that they would have easily funded 3-6 months ago. Who are the top lenders doing hard to place deals? feel free to pm me (direct lenders only please)

Senior Member Reputation points: 7360

I guess it depends on how you qualify hard-to-place-deals.

Case in point: I just funded a deal for $1.25MM that had all sorts of challenges that would send many lenders running for the hills, with another one of the table for $1MM that has three companies, only one of which is truly generating solid income, yet we can cross collateralize all three and make the deal work. So if those qualify as a hard to place deal, we are getting MORE flexible.

That stated, I won't fund somebody who is losing money or has an insolvent balance sheet (which I would consider hard to place), but other lenders will jump on those deals all day long if they have strong deposits/balances.

Don't know if this helps or hurts, but feel free to reach out if you have a challenging deal to discuss.

Minimum funding $100k, Max $2MM. Monthly payments.

best,

Dan Page
    Direct: (303) 938-8280
    dan@fundingstrategypartners.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

It is all about the right funder. I had the same issues and had to expand my network.
    Dan is a good funder but never had the right fit for my clients, yet.. With the paperwork he required we were getting term loans and mid teen rates with some other funders did not make sense to get a monthly payment MCA deal for the client like he offers

I would suggest spread your funder network but if you are use to working with Yellowstone of other MCAs it will take some time to get used to working with Dan

Thanks for the input Dan, ill keep you in mind if i come across a challenging deal looking for 100k; although i think most would agree that the bread and butter of this industry is within the 10k-75k range funding amount

Quote Originally Posted by stat View Post
    Thanks for the input Dan, ill keep you in mind if i come across a challenging deal looking for 100k; although i think most would agree that the bread and butter of this industry is within the 10k-75k range funding amount
    Sounds good. And yes, if you're talking MCA then absolutely, most of the deals are sub-$100k. We are trending toward the larger ones, where our requirements make more sense for the clients. That stated, we are in the midst of funding a $100k deal now as well.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Mantis has not tightened any of the underwriting. In fact we are looking to fund almost any file we believe got the balances to handle a daily deduction. (we accept files with NSF's).
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 49940

There are a few key things that we look for at Yellowstone when we price a file. The merchant has to have strong ending daily balances that can support a daily payment, consistent revenue, and paying another position without bouncing half the month. If your files fit in that box then you will get an approval every time, hope this helps.

Anthony Saracino
    Senior Funding Coordinator
    Yellowstone Capital LLC
    Direct: (516)-282-0933
    Fax: (646)-403-3092
    Cell: (201)-523-2596
    Asaracino@Yellowstonecap.com

Member Reputation points: 6902 morgan.quinn's Avatar

Cardinal has always specialized in helping our brokerage network secure capital for their hard-to-fund files. If the merchant makes at least 10k per month in real deposits and their daily ending balances are decent, we'd be happy to take a look. They could possibly qualify for a small starter to establish some repayment history and work their way up. Credit and background are also not an issue, but be advised the term and rate will reflect the riskiness of the deal. We have also started funding files in house! Exciting times!! Merchants making at least 20k per month may be eligible for Cardinal's in-house funding.

If you think we can be of service, give Arty a call sometime. He'd love to chat!

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Although it does seem fairly common for a merchant to have 100K in total balances. Not majority, but a nice chunk. And, to me, that seems to be Dan's sweet spot (provided the net profit makes sense from a DSCR standpoint).

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Although it does seem fairly common for a merchant to have 100K in total balances. Not majority, but a nice chunk. And, to me, that seems to be Dan's sweet spot (provided the net profit makes sense from a DSCR standpoint).
    Thanks and yes you are correct. In fact, I prefer larger deals than $100k. Will still do $100k deals but it takes just as much effort/expense to fund a $100k deal as it does a $1MM deal.

And for clarification...we do NOT just fund consolidations. Quite frankly, I prefer to fund deals where there is no consolidation. Less risky for me and cheaper for the client. Cost of money comes down significantly for large deals/longer term (24-30 month term)

Senior Member Reputation points: 9546

hey all,

seems like the lenders who used to fund all the harder to place deals are getting more stringent with their requirements; Knight is a no show, and yellowstone, mantis and lendini (to name a few) are declining files that they would have easily funded 3-6 months ago. Who are the top lenders doing hard to place deals? feel free to pm me (direct lenders only please)
    Not sure why we don't work together already. While we are a small company, we are flexible with our ISOs and are in a lot of paper as you may have seen. I have become the go to for multiple position files that have hair on them. Obviously the better the file the better the offer, terms, stips etc. will be but I can get 2-3 positions done same day on a single file with all of my underwriters being in agreement.