With A Stroke Of The Pen, Donald Trump Will Wave Goodbye To The Dodd Frank Act - Page 3
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CreditGuy View Post
    The EO doesn't say anything about repealing Dodd-Frank.
    Exactly, D-F is legislation passed by Congress. President can't unilaterally repeal it. Refer to the Constitution.

Also, 99% of D-F has no impact on business lending/MCA's. Off the top of my head, I can think of 2 areas, FCRA credit score notification and 1071 which hasn't even been written yet. And as brokers, these wouldn't necessarily impact you, only your lenders/funders.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by BankComplianceGuy View Post
    Exactly, D-F is legislation passed by Congress. President can't unilaterally repeal it. Refer to the Constitution.

Also, 99% of D-F has no impact on business lending/MCA's. Off the top of my head, I can think of 2 areas, FCRA credit score notification and 1071 which hasn't even been written yet. And as brokers, these wouldn't necessarily impact you, only your lenders/funders.
    Reuters is out with an article today showing lending is thriving right now:

"Banks, of course, are lending money to companies, as a quick look at the statistics bears out; commercial and industrial (C&I) loans are now higher as a percentage of economic output than they’ve been since the 1980s, when the capital markets were far smaller and the economy more reliant on direct finance via banks.

Credit card and auto lending is at or near record highs and mortgage loans outstanding are in shouting distance of their pre-crisis high. ...

Lending in constant dollar terms at Citigroup was up 6 percent in 2016, a year when the overall U.S. economy only grew 1.6 percent. C&I loans growth was similarly robust at JP Morgan ChaseN>, though overall loan portfolio growth was slowed by its decision to allow its student loan portfolio to dwindle. ....

The average yield for issuers issuing today in the leveraged loan market, for three-year money, on first-lien institutional term loans is 4.5 percent so far in 2017, more than two whole percentage points lower than a year ago, according to data from Thomson Reuters LPC. This level has not been seen since 2004. And it isn’t just buy-out or M&A loans which are being made; lending for working capital last year was higher than in any year since 2007, according to Thomson Reuters LPC."

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.re.../idUSKBN15L2GH

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Horse **** View Post
    The Securities and Exchange Commission regulates securities, not FDIC funds (Cash and cash equivalent is not a security). The FDIC regulates what FDIC deposits can used for. I suggest you look at the link here that has very detailed rules of what and when FDIC funds can be used within a "BANK" (by the way the SEC does not regulate banks, (Comptroller of the currency (OCC) and the office of thirft supervision (OTS) and various other state agencies are the banking regulators) --just to break it down for you the FDIC allows those funds to be used when trading Govt securities and making markets. The prohibition list is long and includes just about everything else. Including hedge funds
    https://www.fdic.gov/regulations/law...2000-7350.html

And this comment was overlooked .

west coast you said to me "strawman" . I am not "misrepresenting facts", you are not aware of the rules or regulations that are in place before or after Dodd Frank in regards to the trading of certain funds or investments. I can say you are using untruthful hyperbole vs truthful hyperbole.

HHS is a very very very conservative person who errs on caution with money and everything he does, almost nagging me to get a flu shot "just in case".

As stated it is not speculation or trading of FDIC money or grandmas bank account , and you need to know the difference between paid in capital vs FDIC deposits.

And again regulating money doesnt have anything to do with zoot suit pinky rings outclosing people
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-17-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post

west coast you said to me "strawman" . I am not "misrepresenting facts", you are not aware of the rules or regulations that are in place before or after Dodd Frank in regards to the trading of certain funds or investments. I can say you are using untruthful hyperbole vs truthful hyperbole.

HHS is a very very very conservative person who errs on caution with money and everything he does, almost nagging me to get a flu shot "just in case".

As stated it is not speculation or trading of FDIC money or grandmas bank account , and you need to know the difference between paid in capital vs FDIC deposits.

And again regulating money doesnt have anything to do with zoot suit pinky rings outclosing people

Karen, the FDIC regulation quoted above comes from..... DODD FRANK. Yes, HappyHorse**** was trying to prove that the FDIC already prevents trading in exotic securities, but he literally cited a regulation thats in place because of Dodd Frank. So nice try.

But I doubt this will stop you from following-up with another massive word salad post.

(also, if you'd like to view the rule pertaining to this, please click here and notice the date: https://www.sec.gov/rules/final/2013/bhca-1.pdf )

You were saying, Karen?

Don't you think its weird that you attempt to make the case that certain rules, regulations and protections were in place before Dodd-Frank by quoting the rules and regulations put in place after (and because of) Dodd-Frank? I mean: come on.
    Last edited by WestCoastFunding; 02-17-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post

west coast you said to me "strawman" . I am not "misrepresenting facts", you are not aware of the rules or regulations that are in place before or after Dodd Frank in regards to the trading of certain funds or investments. I can say you are using untruthful hyperbole vs truthful hyperbole.[/I]
    Karen, please feel free to click on the link provided by HappyHorse****. When you do, please note that the document states this:

"The provisions of part 351 appear at 79 Fed. Reg. 5805, Jan. 31, 2014, the interim final rule is effective on April 1, 2014, except as otherwise noted."

Karen, pretty clear those provisions went into place in 2014. Dodd Frank became law in 2010. Do you honestly believe the year 2014 came before 2010?

Karen37a
    Paid in capital vs fdic is the issue, not years. Having the Sec/ Occ/ OTS ( or no one or other various govt organizations ) oversee you, and also what is considered SPECULATIVE money that the bank controls are the factors we were addressing, and having a Fiduciary responsibility to clients, borrowers, grandmas bank accout....those are the topics when you get down to it.

I cant be led off the topic, or embarrassed so I do not respond back...its called the Stratton Straight line...from Stratton Oakmont the wolf of wall st or other various wonderful ex stockbrokerage firms. I guess I watch alot of movies.

..thought to myself on massive word posts, thought I was being paid by the word, oh yeah snap out of it..you are a Merchant Cash advance broker, go TO close and make money and leave the office its Friday.

BTW When men called me "toots" or "sweetie" when I was a kid on wall st trying to close the sale. I didnt duck run and cry. I said " whos the woman who wont do the trade", and if they were cursing me out on the phone I called them some name to reference their small P*, and then they would go ballistic and would talk to my manger and he would call them the name I made up... so snide remarks cant hurt me, you keep jabbing at me because you do not like being out debated or .......
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-17-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Once again, Happy Horse **** attempted to prove regulations have been around for years, and then LITERALLY POSTED A LINK to the FDIC's rules pertaining to the Volcker rule as proof that these rules have been around before the Volcker rule.

Do you have any idea how silly that argument is?

You complain nonstop about the Volcker Rule, and when it's pointed out that it protects consumers you then -- literally -- post a link to the FDIC's final rule relating to the Volcker rule -- a rule that was rolled out in 2014 -- as proof that these rules had been in place before Dodd Frank (became law in 2010). And it gets worse: you then use these protections to say "see, they are protected" and then say "get rid of the Volcker rule" which would get rid of these protections. It's unbelievable.

This reminds me of people that say "keep your government hands off of Medicare!" What a mess.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Karen, please feel free to click on the link provided by HappyHorse****. When you do, please note that the document states this:

"The provisions of part 351 appear at 79 Fed. Reg. 5805, Jan. 31, 2014, the interim final rule is effective on April 1, 2014, except as otherwise noted."

Karen, pretty clear those provisions went into place in 2014. Dodd Frank became law in 2010. Do you honestly believe the year 2014 came before 2010?

And Dodd Frank came into Law in 2010. It didnt have all he provisions in it. It was BLANK or a few words or passages in it ( I dont recall at this point )

They had over 20,000 pages of regulatory content, added along the way...AFTER the law came into play.I do not think you know that they added things after the fact and its still not complete.

They created Doody Frankenstein so hastily the Volcker rule was not properly vetted. Some of the things were needed but some of the things they added, they didnt understand and just threw their hands up in the air , did a study , then added it.

I do not believe in smart regulation, because the people who are doing the regulating have never been in the industy , and if they were, they never ever ever moved out of some back office. (This is why certain people wanted people to talk in some way, or join an organization to have voice on capitol hill. and I am busy, so I said my peace)

Its like Undercover boss when the CEO of the Sandwich franchise cant make a Sandwich. I am a firm believer in leading from the front. I do not like when people tell me how to close sales when I have 10 funded on the board personal in 1 week and they have 1 a month

Regulating money isnt regulating Cash Advance Brokers or the Lenders

Ok have a great weekend all
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-17-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 16720

word salad post.
    Heh.
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Karen37a
    Once again, Happy Horse **** attempted to prove regulations have been around for years, and then LITERALLY POSTED A LINK to the FDIC's rules pertaining to the Volcker rule as proof that these rules have been around before the Volcker rule.

Do you have any idea how silly that argument is?

You complain nonstop about the Volcker Rule, and when it's pointed out that it protects consumers you then -- literally -- post a link to the FDIC's final rule relating to the Volcker rule -- a rule that was rolled out in 2014 -- as proof that these rules had been in place before Dodd Frank (became law in 2010). And it gets worse: you then use these protections to say "see, they are protected" and then say "get rid of the Volcker rule" which would get rid of these protections. It's unbelievable.

This reminds me of people that say "keep your government hands off of Medicare!" What a mess.
    wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcker_Rule

e Volcker Rule refers to § 619[1] (12 U.S.C. § 1851) part of the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, originally proposed by American economist and former United States Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker to restrict United States banks from making certain kinds of speculative investments that do not benefit their customers.[2] Volcker argued that such speculative activity played a key role in the financial crisis of 2007–2010. The rule is often referred to as a ban on proprietary trading by commercial banks, whereby deposits are used to trade on the bank's own accounts, although a number of exceptions to this ban were included in the Dodd-Frank law.[3][4] The rule's provisions were scheduled to be implemented as a part of Dodd-Frank on July 21, 2010,[5] with preceding ramifications,[6] but were delayed. On December 10, 2013, the necessary agencies approved regulations implementing the rule, which were scheduled to go into effect April 1, 2014.[7] On January 14, 2014, after a lawsuit by community banks over provisions concerning specialized securities, revised final regulations were adopted.[8] The rule came into effect on July 21, 2015.[9] On August 11, 2016, several large banks requested a 5-year delay to exit illiquid investments.[10]

** think what you will, again, have a great weekend. If you get a good salad with your center cut steak tonight think of me
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-17-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5023
    Florida, First MCA sold in 85/ WS in 76. CFP/RIA, series 3,6,7,8,10,63,Ins218,220.

Job well done, Gail.

So, your rebuttal is a copy and paste of Volcker rules Wikipedia entry? Smart.

Senior Member Reputation points: 49940

If it's on Wikipedia it has to be true...right?

Ok...WestCoast do you do any business? I never seen any. Just curious? Are you that wanna be? You know...the weirdo who lurks around and thinks he is smarter than everyone!

It seems that way...sorry. You wanna debate me? lol. In between getting my knob polished -- I will still set your dumb ass straight! Read a contract to me! I have yet to see you do a business deal on here! LMFAO! But you want to debate?! LOL!

Stop...you have to stop right now!

Karen37a
    This is why I have been yelling for months saying " people are watching these boards" regulators, scam artists, debt restructuring companies, future brokers , potential investors
    I said they are watching us

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

Quote Originally Posted by AAlonzo View Post
    Ok...WestCoast do you do any business? I never seen any. Just curious? Are you that wanna be? You know...the weirdo who lurks around and thinks he is smarter than everyone!

It seems that way...sorry. You wanna debate me? lol. In between getting my knob polished -- I will still set your dumb ass straight! Read a contract to me! I have yet to see you do a business deal on here! LMFAO! But you want to debate?! LOL!

lmao. the knob polished has me rolling.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    lmao. the knob polished has me rolling.
    lol there were fights to the death back then...like the thunder dome.

West coast can be really mean when he wants to be as well

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

How did I miss this?

Okay...I am taking the bait!

Westcoast? U hater! U got even a ****ING CLUE! Okay...even if it what ur hater ass said was true! LMFAO! CUZ -- I seen EVERY Tyson fight live! RINGSIDE! EVERY ****ING ONE! Peter McNeely??! Yep! You chump! I lived! LIVED! LIVED!!!!

You wanna be chump! LMFAO. Im not even gonna say...

That's why you hate on **** still here. You will never walk into a strip club with a crew of guys all with $10k each about to go nuts! You will never feel that adrenaline. You are a ***** loser hater whining!

And trust me...if you ever crossed my path...lmfao! ha...Just let me tell you...I am not that guy on an off morning? You might cross paths with.

Cuz...I'm a little irritated now. And if you didn't already know -- trust this -- please...pretty please...with sugar on top...DONT ****ING PUSH MY BUTTONS!
    http://dailyfunder.com/showthread.ph...8292#post68292

This is by far my favorite AAlonzo post.

Karen37a
    smh

no fighting lol

I'm telling you that certain people turn ruthless...i had to close my eyes on some of west coasts jabs on people in the past

Karen37a
    im laughing..west coast responds "oh" ...or "Oh my" or "i do declare"...then he turns into a devil lol

its funnier when he pushes someone into a fight with me...i get a visual of kids school yard and him pushing someone into the center ring..as the kids are chanting as people beat each other up...

I keep wondering why people let him push them in the ring and am I the only one who sees this lol

I luv you west coast for the moment so be nice : )
    Last edited by Karen37a; 05-24-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by JPFunder View Post
    How is this good for the MCA world? Doesn't it open spigot for the old lines of credit at the banks?
    The Banks will really not lend to Business who could not qualify for bank loans...cause if they could qualify ...they would go there.

There isn't a huge profit for them because of usury.

All the same, problems still exist...default ratios etc ...a certain % of business are going under with or without a loan or cash advance
    Small to mid-size business is not their market...they want business's with business credit ...in business x amount of years and profits on tax returns.

Otherwise, you get a personal loan

If someone could make those qualifications savvy brokers have places to go to compete...we are not funding 1 million etc as a commonplace

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Quote Originally Posted by JPFunder View Post
    How is this good for the MCA world? Doesn't it open spigot for the old lines of credit at the banks?
    1- Alerting SMBs in general to more access to capital is good. Whether they qualify at a bank or not.
    2- Selling an MCA as a compliment to a true revolver if they have one is generally a home run on everyone's part.

Karen37a
    And if anyone was concerned about the Fiduciary rule being thrown out. Realize that Registered investment advisors (ria) have always been held to the fiducary standard and still are. If anyone wants their money to be managed by a Fiduciary take it to a RIA but remember .....Bernie Madoff was an RIA .

Bernie is the poster child to illustrate the fiduciary doesn't equal honesty

Bernie Madoff.jpg