Canada?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 2893

Canada?

It seems that more Lenders are willing to fund Canadian businesses lately. I have not yet attempted to call on Merchants there, but in the past, before I entered the MCA world I did have some success selling B2B services to them.

My question is- how to prospect? They do not file UCCs, do they? Would an inbound dialer work as well as it does here? Direct Mail maybe.... I honestly don't know. Does anyone here have any eexperience funding Canadian Merchants? What is the most effective way of connecting to them. What areas should I target(geographic and industry)? Which Lender do I send then to first? How does their banking situation compare to the US?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Banned Reputation points: 123

Canada?

Many more funders there but nobody doing ach deals though.

Member Reputation points: 21

I was thinking the same thing ,,,canada and/or europe i have been seeing lenders offering funding to them ...i used to call over seas as a stock broker and it worked..i dont see why it wouldent work for mca ...i would like to know what the factor rates are in canada and what the local funders there are offering...leads are leads talk to enough people and you will get deals bottom line

Senior Member Reputation points: 820

There's a company called AdvanceIt - they have been funding in Canada for quite some time now. I believe Rapid Advance is/was doing some business there as well.

Senior Member Reputation points: 325 Ryan Shiroky's Avatar

I have seen funders that do business in Canada give a little bit of a high rate for those deals, as they are assuming way more risk it would make sense for them t charge more (being that there is no UCC and they are in a whole other country, making collections a pain in the butt)...

Isn't IOU a Canadian company? I would imagine they are probably the only ones that would do an ACH product there... but this is speculation, I don't really know... can anyone answer this more accurately? (about IOU I mean)

Senior Member Reputation points: 820

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Shiroky View Post
    I have seen funders that do business in Canada give a little bit of a high rate for those deals, as they are assuming way more risk it would make sense for them t charge more (being that there is no UCC and they are in a whole other country, making collections a pain in the butt)...

Isn't IOU a Canadian company? I would imagine they are probably the only ones that would do an ACH product there... but this is speculation, I don't really know... can anyone answer this more accurately? (about IOU I mean)
    IOU is in Georgia. Their parent company is in Canada, but I do not believe they do any funding there.
    Last edited by GRP Funding; 05-05-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2893

Quote Originally Posted by clear2close View Post
    I was thinking the same thing ,,,canada and/or europe i have been seeing lenders offering funding to them ...i used to call over seas as a stock broker and it worked..i dont see why it wouldent work for mca ...i would like to know what the factor rates are in canada and what the local funders there are offering...leads are leads talk to enough people and you will get deals bottom line
    Leads are leads, people are people, no doubt, but if we used that logic we may as well pick up the Yellow Pages and dial page by page. Do Lenders file anything like a UCC after funding there?Which industries are in the most need out there? Can we auto dial or are the laws different? That is what I am wondering right now. Once I start power dialing Montreal, Quebec, Ontario, etc. my big questions will be: where do I send them and what will the factor rates be like.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Better brush up on your French is you want to call Quebec

Senior Member Reputation points: 148 Capital Stack's Avatar

there are non french provinces though.