ISO Shop That Closed
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 118256 ridextreme's Avatar

just because they closed down doesn't mean they're not expecting their renewals to be deposited into their bank account. Did the owner actually say "we're shutting down" or did you hear this through the grapevine?

They can close and office and fire staff but still have an active SOS and business bank account. There are legal questions here that only an attorney can answer correctly.

And why would you ever consider paying the "rep" and not the person who signed the ISO agreement?

Senior Member Reputation points: 2496

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    just because they closed down doesn't mean they're not expecting their renewals to be deposited into their bank account. Did the owner actually say "we're shutting down" or did you hear this through the grapevine?

They can close and office and fire staff but still have an active SOS and business bank account. There are legal questions here that only an attorney can answer correctly.

And why would you ever consider paying the "rep" and not the person who signed the ISO agreement?
    Agreed. I believe they're closed because nobody answers the phones or responds to emails. I've asked my attorney and legally I'm not required to pay; I am asking because I want to do the "ethical" thing. The SOS thing is a good point, I will also check if their bank account is still open. I would pay the rep because on this particular deal I know that the merchant is the reps friend and the deal was acquired because of their relationship (the owner himself told me)
    David Obstfeld
    Chief Executive Officer
    SOS Capital
    1330 Ave of the Americas, NY, NY 10019
    212-235-5455
    SOSCapital.com