Misusing the NAMAA list?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Misusing the NAMAA list?

Anyone else find lenders misusing the NAMAA list as a retention tool? We just had a 2 day ordeal where one of the largest lenders in the cash advance world NAMAA tagged a merchant, then blatantly lied verbally twice that the merchant was in default when called to confirm only to find out the merchant was never in default and never even missed a single payment. It took proper ISO work like getting a pay history and getting the right people on the phone etc. to get his lender to finally admit "they made a mistake". Only in this industry.

Anyone else running into perfectly good merchants NAMAA tagged for the purpose of retention? Just curious how wide spread that practice really is.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

yes i had it once also . A lender namaa listed someone as fraud and then funded that a merchant a week later . The particular lender it happened with has a very good reputation and i do believe it was an honest mistake.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2496

Quote Originally Posted by Advance Smart View Post
    Anyone else find lenders misusing the NAMAA list as a retention tool? We just had a 2 day ordeal where one of the largest lenders in the cash advance world NAMAA tagged a merchant, then blatantly lied verbally twice that the merchant was in default when called to confirm only to find out the merchant was never in default and never even missed a single payment. It took proper ISO work like getting a pay history and getting the right people on the phone etc. to get his lender to finally admit "they made a mistake". Only in this industry.

Anyone else running into perfectly good merchants NAMAA tagged for the purpose of retention? Just curious how wide spread that practice really is.
    Many funders are doing that... Best way to make sure you don't get stacked. I've also seen funders drop the payment amount for a few weeks to make it look like a slow pay.
    David Obstfeld
    Chief Executive Officer
    SOS Capital
    1330 Ave of the Americas, NY, NY 10019
    212-235-5455
    SOSCapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by soscap View Post
    Many funders are doing that... Best way to make sure you don't get stacked. I've also seen funders drop the payment amount for a few weeks to make it look like a slow pay.
    how will that help with stacks ? i do not believe any stacker is on the namaa to check

Senior Member Reputation points: 11553 Eagle Funding's Avatar

Your thinking is flawed, lenders who will stack on companies listed on NAMAA do not check the NAMAA list, so its an irrelevant point.
    Eagle Funding Group
    Phone: (646) 793-6809
    Email: info@eaglefundinggroup.net
    Web: www.eaglefundinggroup.net

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    how will that help with stacks ? i do not believe any stacker is on the namaa to check
    I believe there are... Also, people do this on DataMerch which has some NAMA functions
    David Obstfeld
    Chief Executive Officer
    SOS Capital
    212-235-5455
    SOSCapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

I hate the stack word.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    I hate the stack word.
    What do you prefer?
    David Obstfeld
    Chief Executive Officer
    SOS Capital
    212-235-5455
    SOSCapital.com

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

You sure it wasn't just a reconciliation per the merchant's sales variance?

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

I hate the stack word.
    why do you hate the stack word.. It describes an act, what would you prefer to call it. It is a stack
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

I hate the stack word.
    Putting a dress on a pig doesn't change the fact that it is still a pig

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

I hate the stack word.
    Sorry it pains you so. When the term was first coined, there were other options offered. "Band-Aid", "Hail Mary", and "Death Trap" were shot down. So was "Rectal Exam".

Today there is a replacement term: a commonly used one -> "UCC"

Senior Member Reputation points: 340530

Quote Originally Posted by HDF View Post
    Sorry it pains you so. When the term was first coined, there were other options offered. "Band-Aid", "Hail Mary", and "Death Trap" were shot down. So was "Rectal Exam".

Today there is a replacement term: a commonly used one -> "UCC"
    I see them as balance sheet death spirals......

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

"Yeah, we stacked him, but we don't want to be stacked by anyone else."
    Replace "stacked" with "f**ked" and it's much more entertaining.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

I hate the stack word.
    It used to be called "grasshoppered." That one sounds more benign.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    You sure it wasn't just a reconciliation per the merchant's sales variance?
    100% the funder told me that he does that.
    David Obstfeld
    Chief Executive Officer
    SOS Capital
    212-235-5455
    SOSCapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Its funding a merchant.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 3217 CO1's Avatar

Misusing the NAMAA list?

Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack!
    Last edited by CO1; 12-16-2016 at 12:37 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3217 CO1's Avatar

Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack!

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Its funding a merchant.
    lipstick on a pig its a stack and I would have a lot more respect for people who did it if they owned up to what it is and just said we dont care if we screw over the 1st position bank we dont care if we f*ck the merchant all we care about is making our money.. say that and I will have more respect.. It is not funding a merchant the person who got there first did that

There are some second position deals that make sense they are still a stack but they make sense and dont kill the merchant or the first position funder. That said anyone who thinks a 2 month 1.45 or 3rd or 4th position actually helps a merchant you are crazy
    Last edited by J.Celifarco; 12-16-2016 at 10:23 AM.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Misusing the NAMAA list?

My visa stacked on my mastercard. My second mortgage stacked on my first mortgage. My wifes auto loan stacked on my auto loan. My student loans stacked on ALL of them! Happy Friday!!!!!

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

My Crate and Barrel card stacked on my Home Depot card stacked on my Bloomingdale's card stacked on my Chase Sapphire VISA stacked on my American Express stacked on my Discover Card stacked on my Verizon Wireless bill stacked on my...

Stacking is the American Way. Don't be ashamed of it. Own the term!
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Quote Originally Posted by CO1 View Post
    Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack!

LMAOOOOOOOO!!!! STACK STACK STACK k! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack! Stack!